Mp3 player in Alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canesheadcase

Hi,

I have an Mp3 player that got a little mopoisture on it. The screen doesn't always work, but when I blow in the headphone jack to try and dry it out the screen works, briefly.

One of my friends suggested leaving my Mp3 player in alcohol like overnight (obviously with the battery out). I dont exactly trust him, so I was wondering if anyone else had heard about this, or has done it?

Thanks

as in rubbing alcohol? i wouldn't do it with my creative zen micro, what mp3 player do you have? submerging the player in alcohol might get all the water displaced with the lighter alcohol, which would dry quickly in the air. but if you mp3 player has a harddrive, additional liquids would make it worse. i reccomend that you take out the battery, perhaps open the casing, and let the thing air out for a long time (upwards of a week) awhile back my friend and i dragged a 21" crt out of the rain from someone's trash, and it worked fine after 7 days' drying.

Ok, I have an insignia, which is a smaller French company that really makes a kick-***** mp3 player. (Excuse my french :haha: ). I tried to open it and I couldn't, so I'll try again and leave it out for a week. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back