transaction with you, which I hope you give urgent
attention. To be precise, I am James Khumalo the
Manager of Bills/Exchange at the Foreign
Exchange/Remittance Department of NEDBANK South
Africa. In my department, we discovered an abandoned
sum of US$10,000,000.00 (Ten Million United States
Dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our
customers who died along with his entire family in
1988 Lockerbie Pan American Airline plane crash.

Since we got information about his death, we have been
expecting his next of Kin to come over and claim his
money, because we can not release it unless somebody
applied for its next of Kin or Relation to the
deceased as indicated in our banking procedure, but
unfortunately to no avail, and nobody has come forward
to claim the money (because the mentioned next of kin
which is Son died as well).

Therefore, upon this discovery I and other two
officials in my department now decide to establish a
cordial business relationship with you, hence my
contacting you. We want you to purportedly present
your good self as the next of Kin or relation of the
deceased so that we can prepare documentations and
release the funds (US$10 Million) into your account
for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is
coming for it and again we do not want the funds to go
into the Governments account as "Unclaimed Bill".

The banking law and procedures herein stipulates that
any account abandoned or dormant for a period of some
years is subjected to be closed and all money
contained therein will be forfeited to the Government
Treasury Account. Now it is being speculated that the
above sum will be transferred into Government Treasury
Account as unclaimed funds on or before July 2004. The
reason for you to present your good self as the next
of kin in occasioned by the fact that the deceased
customer was a foreigner.

Mode of sharing after the successful completion of the
transfer is as follows, for the role you will be
expected to play in the whole exercise, we have agreed
to give you twenty five (25%) of the total sum, and 5%
has been set aside for expenses we are going to
encounter by both parties in the process of this
transaction and the remaining 70% shall be for my
colleagues and I. In support of the aforementioned,
you are urged to reply this letter indicating your
readiness and interest to participate in the business.
After you reply, you will be advised on the next step
forward.

I quite believe that you will protect our interest by
keeping this business Top Secret and Confidential, as
your interest will be equally protected in order to
achieve and maintain maximum confidentiality. Trust to
hear from you on the above numbers as I count on your
earliest response.

Yours truly,

Mr. James Khumalo

Do people actually fall for these? Surely? Who could fall for this and be able to operate a computer??

The same ones who deletes their windows directory when told that they need to clean up their harddrive I guess...

Or the ones so lonely they're hoping each day that an email will show up in their inbox, no matter if it's spam or not....

Good Lord, are these people still around? Sheesh! I remember reading about a year ago when some guy that was running a site kept this guy going for a few months. Absolutely hilarious! :haha:

lol. i got a email saying some rich guy in nigeria died and left me with a fortune of $80million. they asked for my account # to transfer the funds. too bad im not a retard

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/35240.html

If these pointers - added to the usual, preposterous, tale of African dictators and riches beyond the wildest dreams of avarice - are insufficient to assuage your greed, then this is what will happen next:

* You will be informed of some impediment to the release of the funds which can only be removed by an injection of (your) cash

* Convinced that you are about to receive $15m dollars, it seems reasonable to send $5,000 to facilitate said release

* Sadly, there is then another expense to be met, then another. Once you're in for 25k, you may as well see it through to the bitter end

* Having been well and truly fleeced, you may even receive a kind invitation to travel to collect the money. Upon arrival, you will be relieved of your remaining funds, passport, watch. You may even be kidnapped, if the 419ers believe that there are people at home willing to pay for the return of someone so thick that they really think that the sons/daughters/cousins of deposed African despots are going to give them a suitacse filled with millions of greenbacks

I Have received this letter in MAIL to my company, luckily I did some research on the internet, and these guys don't even change their name, so be really CAREFUL ...

[FONT=arial]FROM THE DESK OF YAHOO CONTRACT AWARD COMMITTEE
CSA: SALOC 116 COTZ STR, SANDTON, AVENUE JOHNVILLE NIGERIA.

Attn President/Ceo
I hope you are fine today.
I am Dr. James Khumalo Chief Accountant of to the 2010 Local Organizing Committee in the Republic of South Africa.
As you ought to know,it just concluded 2010 FIFA soccer world cup which gave USA lot of projects and business opportunities for the past 4 years.
Meanwhile,my colleague and I as a committee in charge of completion of most of the NEWLY BUILT STADIUMS. We need your assistance to transfer and secure in your oversea account the sum of US$47,000,000.00 (Forty Seven Million United States Dollars) which is an over-invoiced amount from the completion of the contract. This amount is currently in a coded account in the National Treasury of Nigeria because the original contract sum of US$430,618,000.00 has been paid to the foreign and local contractors that executed the projects.
However, by virtue of our position as members of the South African Local Organizing Committee (SALOC) in charge of various contracts, we are not allowed to operate foreign accounts or acquire the over-invoiced amount in our names here in South Africa
Therefore, I have the mandate of Yahoo Inc. to arrange with you as a foreign partner so that the US$47,000,000.00 (Forty Seven Million United Sates Dollars Only) will be transferred to any of your personal or company bank account oversea. We have agreed to give you 20% of the total sum while the rest will be shared among my fellow members on equal proportion.
As you may wish to know, all arrangements have been made for the processing of the claim and immediate wire of the fund to your bank account within 7 working days. After the transfer, I will quickly fly to your country to enable us share the fund in accordance with the agreed terms.
If yo uhave the interest to handle this deal with me, kindly reverse to me urgently and we shall discuss in further details, also endeavor to send me your contact information for immediate communication

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation
I need your urgent reply

Dr James Khumalo
Chief Accountant at Yahoo
[/FONT]

Haha that's funny stuff. We get them maybe twice a week at work, always brightens up the morning grind :p

Back