MS Habu USB gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I'm dying to be able to install my drivers for this mouse, but no matter what i do i can't seem to get the drivers to work.

I've tried installing the drivers then connecting the mouse (as instructed in the instructions).

I've tried installing the drivers while the mouse is connected.

I've tried v1.0 of the drivers.

I've tried v2.0 of the drivers.

But none work. I can't even get the firmware on the mouse updated cause apparently when using the newer firmware the new drivers work with it fine.

Also my other problem is it double clicks when i single click, no matter how low the double click speed is set in my settings. Which is driving me insane.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

:D

tried it on my new system & old system, both won't accept the drivers or the firmware update software. It just comes up as a human interface device.

managed to get the drivers & firmware installed, to be honest i can't remember how i managed to do it but it works now.
Only problem now is that it double/quad clicks every time i use it. So at the moment i've gone back to my old MS Intelimouse Optical. It may be slow but at least its not driving me instane cause it double clicks all the time.

You might want to check your double click area of the mouse properties (Start>Control Panel>Mice and pointing devices) and try to change the double click speed.

gavinseabrook said:
You might want to check your double click area of the mouse properties (Start>Control Panel>Mice and pointing devices) and try to change the double click speed.

Tried that, in both the Habu settings & the windows settings, put the double click speed down 2 0 & it was still double/quad clicking all over the shop. Thanks anyway, at least i'm getting some help unlike Razer who passed the buck onto MS.

Hmm the only other thing i could think to cause this would be if the firmware update failed mid way through, but i believe you stated that the firmware wouldnt even load up properly.

I have the same problem with the mouse. I have not reinstalled the firmware or anything, but the mouse just double clicks every other time. I don't think it did that right after I bought it 2 or three months back - I think it just started doing that a week or so ago. Really annoying. Maybe some hardware problem...

xyzzer

I actually already got a new microsoft wireless mouse to replace the habu. The thing is that a new mouse should not get broken so easy, so I plan to try to fix it or get it replaced.

Just hate this mouse

I bought this mouse about a year ago, it looked nice, very comfortable, not a pricey one.

After a couple of months it started to double/quad-click whenever I was just single clicked. As the time passed the frequency of this annoying new feature has just rise.

I replaced the crappy habu mouse with a new one, and it was just fine - Till now. Now it's just started doing the same thing.

So ****ing annoying!!!
No one should ever purchase one of these crappy-HW-filled-bugs mice ever again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back