MS Kernel GS wavetable Synthesizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...this is probably the 4th or 5th tech support site I've posted at for this bloody problem now.
A while ago, I installed Guitar Pro with Real Sound Engine and tried to play a song, but no sound came out. So I went into properties and such and there was no Midi device to choose from. So I went to Control Panel, Audio, and apparently I have no Midi device. So, attempting to call my computers BS, I went to Device Manager, and sure enough, there is an exclamed device in my Sound tree, called 'MEDIA'.
So, I uninstalled the device, detected it again, and attempted to update drivers for it. It gets to the part where it is starting to load files in, but before it can pass a single file, is stops and says theres an error due to 'Invalid Data'.
So, I haven't found a single way to get my Midi functioning properly and I'm getting tired, and soon planning on a windows reinstall as an ultimatum, then probably something like throwing my computer off a nearby bridge as a solution to my frustration.

Currently, I have everything (as far as I know) completely updated.
I am running XP Home SP2, Realtek HD Audio
If you need any more info, let me know. And by the way, I do get sound from anything that doesn't need Midi (basically everything except Guitar Pro)

You will probably need to install a good quality PCI based sound card and forget about using the on-board Realtek sound

No room for one of those unless I get an external or if theres such thing as PCI-e x1 soundcards. The inch think cooler on my video card blocks my available PCI slot.

Are you sure there is no other solution? My family has a computer with Realtek and it runs Midi fine...

if you need a midi interface (for a midi keyboard/instrument etc) then just get a USB > Midi device, or if you have the money a motu or mbox etc. If you just want to playback what you've writen down, then you should route the audio to your playback device (soundcard). Optionaly, try updating the sound card drivers...

On board Realtek sound may be ok for the average home PC user, but for any other audio need, an add-in audio device (including USB or external amps) is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back