MS Outlook will not retain password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read and tried all the MS Outlook "won't remember password" ... k-base articles, including (but not limited to) 281791, 290684, & 836664. I've got WinXP Pro with SP2, & the full XP Office Pro suite installed. Since OL is my primary communication device for work & play...it's a real bummer.

I don't have this problem with anything other than OL. OLE, used as a news reader, works just fine. Short of a clean reinstall of the OS & Office suite, are there any other ideas or things to try you might know of...I'm gettling closer and closer to the ugliness of a total reformat of C:...it's that much trouble.

Any chance to change the password to "all blanks", i.e. NO password at all?

How about creating another account, does that retain its password?
If so, copy all your data into the new account and delete the old one.
Test it for a few days before you delete.

Yep...tried that stuff too...and again today...

Darn...I think I'm hosed...

Ever since I had an incident a few months ago...I'd better start planning for a "total Recall" diskwise...

Have you tried doing a "repair"?
Go to Add/Remove programs, select MS Office (or whatever name it is under).
Click on the underlined link in "Click here for support information"
Then click on Repair. You need your office-cd.

Sigh...

Yes, I've tried that...usually the first thing when something in Orifice doesn't work correctly...I've seen that many eggs-spurts in the msnews.microsoft.outlook list are as baffled by this as I am. There seems to be a set of conditions that either defy all known repairs. Whatever the cause, I know I'm not alone...thanks anyway for the attempt. Good thing I've got many machines around here...

Oh...most pop services won't allow a blank password...good thing too...

btw, I like your choice of brew...my favorite too..and some others are a bit of the Livet, or maybe some good English gin...depending on the occaision or group. Some good pubs around s'east Michigan have the stuff flown over...but then a month this year in the English Midlands got me a bit closer to the source...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back