MS Word: Can't Print Envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm new to this site, but not to forums in general. I know that these are vast resources for help (better than MS KB Articles - And I DO NOT know everything) Anyway, I need some help TS a problem that is driving me and my colleague CRAZY.

It seems that a few of our networked XP Pro SP2 boxes have been losing the ability to print envelopes in Word 2002 (OXP - SB). The "Print" button, under Tools...Envelopes & Labels keeps getting grayed-out. Sometimes a reboot does not reactivate it, and another is req. This is what we've done:

*Run MS Update & Office Update (SP3)
*Changed/updated printer drivers
*Verified Licenses & Activation (Magic Jelly Bean)
*Add/Remove - Repair Office
*Uninstall/Reinstalled Office 2X
*MSKB Article 820919 (Support Template)

Both boxes are running Kaspersky AVfWW 6.0.2.678.
Printer is a JetD networked HP LJ 4000

We have also been playing around with a Shavlik NetChk Protect Demo (Patch Distribution/Management System)

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You probably need to enable envelope printing as well as set a proper paper type in the envelope tray for it all to work.
Go to printers & faxes > LJ4000 right click > properties > printing preferences or device settings.

How are the problem systems networked to the printer? You say this envelope printing problem doesn't appear on all networked systems? Are the problem systems all on the same node?

It started with one, and then a about a week later another one developed the problem. They share a 10/100 hub, that is connected to a switch. Essentially, yes, they are on the same node.

Hmmm...got me thinking again??? However, you can still print other things, even when this happens in Word, without rebooting.

Problem lies with Vendor software - not resolved. Work around:

1. Close Word.
2. Open Printers and set a new default printer - close printers.
3. Open Printers and set the printer you want to print to as the default.
4. Open Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back