Msi 6791-fx 400/533/800fsb Pentium 4 Micro Atx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this bd and when installed all I get is One long beep over and over again. I have searched for post codes on this bd and have been unable to find anything on it. The hard drive does not activate only the fans and the beep. it has a 478 socket and a 648 chip set. Also this bd does not have a built in video card.

What bios is that motherboard?

Usually one long is a good thing, and means that the mobo has passed all the tests, but it usually only does it once then boots up. Yours is repeating the one long beep over and over....

If you have more than one stick of ram in there, try with just one stick as a test. If you have a different graphics card you can use in there as a test, give it a shot.

If those don't work, get back to us with what bios your system has, as well as a detailed list of all your parts make/model.

Good luck and welcome to techspot!

forgive me for not knowing how to find the bios version. I have already tried one stick of memory at a time in each slot to see if it made a difference. There is a chip mounted on the bd that has SIS 963. Is this what you are looking for? I only have one video card and it is new so I can't be sure it is good. The Original Processor is an E machine t2542. I have unplugged everything all the way down to only the power supply and the main switch.
I have a back up Hardrive that I ghosted before it shut down and I tried both with out success. But you are understanding correctly One long beep over and over again.

Was this MoBo purchase new or used?
You would only be able to find the bios version
when you succefully post & reach the cmos screen.
Maybe a keyboard error. Is this ps2 or usb keyboard?
All the beep codes I know of point that way.
Do you have both power cables plugged into the MoBo?
(20 pin & 4 pin)
Does your video require a power cable too?

it is a ps2 keybd and the mobo was purchased new. Also i can't get past the beeps to get to a screen. I will try a usb keybd to see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back