MSI Gefroce fx 5600 256mb 8Xagp vs PNY Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb 4x/agp

Status
Not open for further replies.
What card is better?

I currently have the Fx 5600 listed above

but i am getting the Ti4600 in the mail on wensday

im wondering what card would be the best for me to use

The new fx series cards are better for direct x purposes....... The ti card is being faised out.....no support to speak of for it now.

i need somone to break it down, becuse people just go

the ti4600 is better then the fx 5600

its not just like that

Different brands make Different cards...

the ti4600 was the top of the line card for the gefroce4 core (the 4800 was jsut the 4600 @ agp8x). the fx5600, however is a mainstream card of the geforce fx core. i dunno why, but the ti4600 is a better performer than the fx 5600, except in dx9, but the 5600 duznt have enough juice to run it effectively anyways.

256mb of memory is a ridiculous amount. 128mb is loads of memory for the presnt recommendations for applications. Only heavy graphics applications will demand 256. What is it you want to use one of the VGA cards for?

the non-ultra FX5600 that uses 256 Mb of RAM, uses VERY slow ram, while the Ti4600 uses RAM clocked MUCH faster. Even though it has "only" 128MB of RAM, the amount of RAM is NOT the bottleneck on these two cards, the Ti4600 is simply *substantially* faster in all games.

You *will* get a higher score in 3DM03 w/ the FX5600, because when forced, it is able to perform soem DX9 functions, while the Ti4600 cannot...but this offeres NO benefit in games, because the FX5600 is so slow in DX9, it breaks down ALL DX9 graphics to DX8 extensions....try running 3dM01 w/ the two cards, and you'll see....

The Ti4600 is *much* faster than the FX5600 non-ultra256

For 3-d modeling, the extra RAM should come in handy on the FX5600, it might be better if you're not into gaming, not my cup of tea:)

Trust me on this one..... Stay with the fx series.....I have 4600 ti card setting on desk in front of me that i just took out of my system because of the lack of performance in the newer games that use dx9.......And by the way ATI rules all!..... lol

Have a look here & decide for yourself -> VGA Char Part III @ Tomshardware

You're the only person who know what image quality you're looking & what options/features will suit your needs.

& as Veh said, since you have both cards available, use each of them for a while & decide.

Originally posted by FeTaLDaMagE
Trust me on this one..... Stay with the fx series.....I have 4600 ti card setting on desk in front of me that i just took out of my system because of the lack of performance in the newer games that use dx9.......And by the way ATI rules all!..... lol

I hope this isn't a thread crap!!! But there is simply no way a Ti4600 looks any different than the FX5600!!:D Both run DX9 games in DX8, the non-ultra FX5600 is substantially slower than a Ti4200, never mind the Ti4600:( IHV's treat the FX line-up as dx-8 class hardware...the FSAA algorithim's are identical on the FX and Ti line, offering no real difference in IQ as well....

Anyway, peace, and good luck:)

Originally posted by PreservedSwine
I hope this isn't a thread crap!!! But there is simply no way a Ti4600 looks any different than the FX5600!!:D Both run DX9 games in DX8, the non-ultra FX5600 is substantially slower than a Ti4200, never mind the Ti4600:( IHV's treat the FX line-up as dx-8 class hardware...the FSAA algorithim's are identical on the FX and Ti line, offering no real difference in IQ as well....

Anyway, peace, and good luck:)
This is where you are wrong ....."Both run DX9 games in DX8" They dont! fx 56oo was made for DX9......get your informatin correct before you post a crap thread please.....Have a look here & decide for yourself -> VGA Char Part III @ Tomshardware This is Diduo's link posted that explains them very well .....

This is where you are wrong ....."Both run DX9 games in DX8" They dont! fx 56oo was made for DX9......get your informatin correct before you post a crap thread please

and this is where you are wrong. preserved swine is correct. Nvidia's DX9 capabilities on the fx series is/was seriously flawed. they revert back and use DX8 on DX9 games because they cant handle it. look for other threads on this forum that explain it better than i could.

Originally posted by FeTaLDaMagE
This is where you are wrong ....."Both run DX9 games in DX8" They dont! fx 56oo was made for DX9......get your informatin correct before you post a crap thread please.....Have a look here & decide for yourself -> VGA Char Part III @ Tomshardware This is Diduo's link posted that explains them very well .....

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but an FX5600, while claiming to be a DX9 part, is treated as a DX8 part in any and every DX9 game you throw at it.

http://www.gamers-depot.com/hardware/video_cards/ati_vs_nvidia/dx9_desktop/HL2_benchmarks/001.htm

A true DX9 application running on an FX5900 can run a "mixed mode" using both DX8 AND DX9, but the FX5600 won't even do that, it will just run any and every DX9 game using DX8 extensions....again, I'm really sorry to be the one, but I guess you were bound to find out sooner or later....:(

There's plenty of info available on this subject, if you need to ask the how's and why's, I'd suggest signing up at Beyond3d.com and ask...there are people there in the industry that can quickly answer any question you may have.....:)

Even the mighty FX5950 runs the most current DX9 DEMO of FAR CRY using DX8 PS 1.1 instead of DX9's PS2.0...
In FarCry there is no room for doubt here, the ABIT 9800XT performs and looks far better. The ABIT 9800XT is clearly using Pixel Shader 2.0 by default and the GeForceFX 5950Ultra is clearly not. This difference alone makes the image quality different between both cards. Plain and simple the ABIT 9800XT is producing better image quality with higher performance in this demo
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTgwLDk=

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTgwLDc=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back