MSN 7 & webcam view problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD2800+

OK whenever a friend invites me to view webcam, accept, it only shows two frames initially, holds the frame for about 15seconds and is downloading data (nothing else was/is running so it had to be the video) and only get the one or two frames before it says its stopped viewing webcam. On my end it says the other person stopped it & the opposite on the friends computer. Now i can easily get downloads of 6KB/sec (dialup) and each frame, jpeg, is less than 10KB and all the people who are using the webcams have broadband so what the **** is the problem here? Complain to microsoft? Help please on this very, very frustrating piece of **** of a program.

IMHO I would say it`s because your dialup connection is to slow to be able to cope with the webcam video. I don`t know for sure cause I`ve never had dial up, but a friend of mine has, and he can`t get his webcam to work properly either.

Regards Howard

Until recently i could get about 1frame/3-4secs which i was happy with and it wouldn't just drop out like that.

In that case have you tried reinstalling the messenger programme, and maybe your webcam drivers/software?

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I'll try getting rid on MSNPlus which has caused problems in the past, then MSN. I don't have a webcam, its only when i am viewing other peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back