multi-display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundewzer

I have an Aurora m9700 with dual video card (512 GeForce 7900's), I am trying to get a dual monitor type setup with my laptop and my HD TV. I have a DVI to HDMI cable connecting the computer to the TV. The problem is when I go to display properties and the setting tab, I click on the second monitor, click extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor, and click apply. The screen flashes and when it comes back the box has been unchecked and eveything is the same as it was befor. I can set it to display on the TV only and it works just fine, well almost (it cuts off an inch or two of the edges). Thanks ahead for any and all help.

Casey

Try with Nvidia's own control panel, in its Display -> Multiple displays -> Run multiple display wizard.

The inch or two issue might be corrected with the television's own settings. I had the same problem with my HDMI projector, fixed by adjusting its output scaling.

There's no need to bump threads if you get no replies within a day.

which setting do u currently have it on clone, duelview, etc? also for the quick resetting back of the settings u have to change the refresh rates.

i have a nvidia, and although its kinda old, ndvia hasnt changed the control panel. just go to the tv output settings and change the dimensions on the tv. ur can enlarge the screen or shrink it with the plus or minus sign. that is wat i did for mines to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back