Multi-page topics in forums v. 'my posts'

gbhall

In all forums, if a topic extends to more than one page, there is, to the right of the title, a very useful way of jumping straight to any page.

This facility is not present in the 'my posts' list of topics, and it would be quite nice if it were......

I'm relaxed about it, I would like to say the way this site is written is astoundingly good, and leads the way world-wide. Best functionality of help sites !:)

'My Posts' is not thread based and therefore there's no page references, but
instead a direct link to your comment(s). If you have multiple posts in a given
thread, each of them will appear independently under 'My Posts'.

This is basically off-the-shelf software with custom configurations and add-ons.

'off-the-shelf' means it's a toolkit. How you put it together is the skilled bit, and whoever did most of it is a craftsman (Lucio? gets a mention sometimes).

Ref the individual posts in a given thread, I see how it works, and would personally add a 'UNIQUE" or a 'LAST', somewhere in the extract SQL. This would reduce the overhead.

As it happens, if you click on a post it still only takes you to the beginning of a (possibly) multi-page thread, not to the page containing the post clicked on (I'm pretty sure). That would be a gain if you could do it....

hey, software is the pits to document and learn.

I'm a command-line Unix hack so you should have seen me with a mouse on a GUI!

If it's an icon or 'clickable'-- I did -- oh my --- look what that did! :)

Back