Multimedia audio controller driver needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I upgradeed my operating system to Windows XP and now I don't have any sound. When I check Device Manager it shows a yellow question mark infront of multimedia adio controllers. When I check the properties, it says the device has no drivers. If you have faced same problems, please help.
I have a Pentium III Asus CUSI-M motherboard with three PCI slots.

Retta.

what was the update you used ??????

Retta.[/QUOTE]I upgradeed my operating system to Windows XP and now I don't have any sound.

james here did you install service pack 2 ???? because i have seen
service pack 2 do just that verry same thing .
and when you say you upgraded what was the exact upgrade you used.
the "name".

Multimedia problem

Is there any chance you know how to fix this problem? i recently installed Windows XP Pro SP2 and I'm going through the same problem :/
The Windows finds an unknown Multimedia Audio Controller driver.

hi

very simply u need drivers for ur audio card. check out the name of ur audio card.. if u cant find out, use a small software named "aida32". it gonna show u the real name of it. then get the drivers , i advice u to use www.driversguide.com

Multimedia problem

imax2000 said:
very simply u need drivers for ur audio card. check out the name of ur audio card.. if u cant find out, use a small software named "aida32". it gonna show u the real name of it. then get the drivers , i advice u to use www.driversguide.com

I already have a driver installed for my audio card. btw i have a C-media PCI CMI8768. But when I use Add Hardware it finds an unknown driver called Multimedia Audio Controller, but I can't find the driver for it anywhere :S
I have sound, but not as good as it was, and this unknown driver is preventing me from being able to use Winamp :/

hi

Benony said:
I already have a driver installed for my audio card. btw i have a C-media PCI CMI8768. But when I use Add Hardware it finds an unknown driver called Multimedia Audio Controller, but I can't find the driver for it anywhere :S
I have sound, but not as good as it was, and this unknown driver is preventing me from being able to use Winamp :/

i aslo have this problem with multimidia controller and multimidia video controller, still have a yellow question marks on them. but the audio and the video re all good.
i cant find the driver of them.

Hi I need audio controllers driver too

I installed a new hard drive and reinstall window xp home edition and now i have no sound but my problem is i dont know is there anywhere to get the drivers besides the company website.....not sure if the company having any problems or if i have any options to get these drivers from any place besides their website......any help would be appreciated........without sound for the past week and a half now

TY Wrabbitt

Hello,

I'm new and I have a similar problem but it was caused by getting a new monitor. Here's some pictures with some information that might help. Please Help. My computer was customized.

Untitled-2-2.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg

hi

Wrabbitt said:
I installed a new hard drive and reinstall window xp home edition and now i have no sound but my problem is i dont know is there anywhere to get the drivers besides the company website.....not sure if the company having any problems or if i have any options to get these drivers from any place besides their website......any help would be appreciated........without sound for the past week and a half now

TY Wrabbitt

here u can find them http://www.driverguide.com/ regester first it s free.

Benony said:
Hey Boney, Looks like u have an incomplete audio software coz its supposed to have the whole package includin the Multimedia Audio Controller. Nways i had the same prob once enjust folow this link. U gon get it.
opendrivers.com/driver/237866/c-media-cmi8768-cmi8768+-audio-driver-8.15-beta-windows-vista-x32-free-download.html
HasnSas

I upgradeed my operating system to Windows XP and now I don't have any sound.

james here did you install service pack 2 ???? because i have seen
service pack 2 do just that verry same thing .
and when you say you upgraded what was the exact upgrade you used.
the "name".[/QUOTE]

the same exact thing happened to me and my internet settings are all gone and everytime i try to update settings for anything it tells me there was an error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back