Hi guys and gals
Wonder if you can help
Ive done countless searches on this but no solutions seem to work

Ive no sound from my pc
If wont allow me to access any volume controls
'no active mixer devices available'
In the device manager it comes up with
Multimedia audio controller not found
However due to me not knowing the make of this device im struggling to find a driver for it

motherboard
3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC (3C905C-TX) 3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC (3C905C-TX)

Operating System
5.0.2195 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

and sound card is a
creative soundblaster live card 5.1

Amy help will be truelly appreciated as its driving me mad not being able to hear anything :confused: :giddy:

If you need more details ill find them out straight away
thanks
kris

Thanks to anyone who looked at this
Its up and running now and im a happy chappy
cheers howard

Kris

multimedia audio controller

I have a Dell 4600 (P4 266, 1gig ram, win XP) with Creative SB Live sound card. Two days ago my power supply went dead and I had to replace it with an Antec power supply. My clock got reset to 6/2004 which I fixed. Since then every time I start my computer the New Hardware Wizard popped up and it found a "multimedia audio controller". Yet, it could not find the driver for me and therefore has a yellow ? next to it. I have tried to re-install the Creative SB Live soundcard driver and no help. My sound card is actually working well. I only have another PVR (Hauppauge 150MCE card) added to my computer and its driver has been updated and won't work with this "multimedia audio controller". All this started after my power supply went dead and I replaced it with another. Does this have anything to do with the power supply? Any input is appreciated. This is driving me nuts.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back