Multimedia Audio Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Dell Inc. Dimension 4700
System Service Tag: B9L5361 (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number: B9L5361
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Dell Inc. 0M3918
Serial Number: ..CN7082148E009A.
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A06 01/10/2005

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

I keep getting cant find multimedia audio controller. And i cant hear anything.

You need to start from the obvious and work back. Since you donot mention any Error messages. I suggest you dbbl click the Speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (or start Multi media properties under Control Panel) and check the settings.
Let us know if it works out.

The Dell 4700 is rock solid in our experience.
However, the first items to fail are the speakers that come with it. If you can, try other speakers for a test, or try your speakers on another computer.
Now look at the software: Go to Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager then look at the many audio files there. Do any have a yellow or red marker? That is the only definite sign of trouble for that model
Assuming you have not done so, I would then download the latest drivers for your service tag number from the Dell site. Then once in place, remove or disable the old audio drivers, and install new ones. That will usually take care of it, if you follow the Dell directions exactly.
Once the drivers are installed, reboot, and check your device manager again.
You will usually have sound at this point.

Ok, i will try those. But my error message was cant find Multimedia Audio Controller everytime i start compter. ANd it has a yellow question mark in the device manager.

Your multi Media drivers are not installed correctly.Read your instruction manual for your sound card(Some video card drivers/software can also be needed here).Obtain the latest version and install them.

Ok, is there a difference between an onboard soundcard and a regular soundcard?
Also, a little more information. I have a creative soundblaster card 24 bit live which came with the pc. Dell gave me the cd for that. I tried to install the drivers from that cd. But it says the hardware was not found on the computer.

In my bios i currently have onboard sound enabled.
I tried to download that driver from the dell site, which was soundmax. It installed and fixed the multimedia audio controller, but left me with no sound.

There is a huge difference between a seperate sound card and onboard.
First disable the ondoard sound in your bios. Windows should recognize the sound card upon reboot and you can install drivers.
**P.S. Please edit your first post and remove the "service tag number" this should not be publically displayed.

I had same problem. I tried everything 3 times . I tried update drivers uninstall drivers and reinstalled them , still no sound .I had sound before so I fixed the problem with " system restore"
you can go to it by
click on
start
all programs
accessories
system tools
system restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back