Multimedia audio controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was going through "add/remove programs" in control panel and deleting some programs that I never or rarely use. I accidentally deleted a program (I think it was a sound driver) and now my computer won't play music or make any sound. Every time I turn it on it says it has found new hardware, "multimedia audio controller" and it wants to install it but it can't find the necessary software on my computer for this to work.

I tried using system restore to rectify this problem but unfortunately I'd deleted so many miscellaneous programs that I couldn't go back far enough to when I'd deleted the audio controller.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm getting really wound up and panicky about this whole thing. If prompted I can provide more information but I wasn't sure what things anyone helping me would need to know.

Thanks

If the PC is a store bought system provide us with the brand, model, and any Serial Numbers/Service Tags that you see on the back of the case if possible.

There's no way we can provide you with information on getting your sound card drivers if we don't even know what sound card you have...

I've looked in my user manual and under the sound system heading it mentions a SoundMAX control panel. So could that be my sound card?

Sorry I got rid of those things, didn't know that they shouldn't be posted. Well if that's my driver what can I do to fix the problem? (Sorry I'm not 100% computer literate!)

Meh it was only your MS product key that shouldn't of been posted, no biggie.

Download the file that I posted. It will be a .zip which means you'll have to extract the contents. I assume you have software installed that will handle this. After the folder is extracted open it and look for the file named "setup" (I attached an image of the file below). Double click on this file. After the process is complete reboot your computer and post back with your results.

Thank you so so much. My beloved laptop is working again! You are a complete star and a total life saver. Thank you thank you thank you!!! xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back