Multiple booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been having multiple problems trying to boot my computer.
These problems started occurring a few weeks after I had installed a new graphics card (therefor doubting the relevance to the problems).

Problem 1:
I press the power button and nothing happens. The screen stays black, but I can hear the computerfan working. Also when this happens I dont hear any beeps which I do hear when it boots propperly.

Problem 2:
The computer freezes at any point during the booting proces (with mouse cursor visible).
Most commonly, when problem 1 doesnt occur, it will freeze at the screen with the windows logo and the load-bar, or when it (rarely) makes it to the passwordscreen it will freeze before, during or after filling in my password.
It doesnt make a difference wheither im in safe mode or not.

Sometimes the computer gives a screen after the loadscreen where it will scan my my E and D drive (something about FAT32?). But when it does it usually freezes as well.

Problem 3:
Sometimes if the computer makes it beyond the loadscreen, the screen will just turn off (the powerlight on my monitor turns orange).

Problem 4:
When the computer makes it to the desktop (chance: 0.001 percent) the programs load very slowely and the computer will simply freeze again.

Also, a thing i´ve noticed is: the longer I leave my computer turned off, the longer it will take before the computer freezes. For example; when I came back from my 4 week vacation it worked correctly for 3 days...

Any help apreciated.

What are the specs on your pc including psu?
What operating system are you using?

Without knowing what your pc actually is its almost impossible to figure out whats wrong with it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back