Multiple entries in Boot loader menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i have a big problem. it started the first time i tried to format my computer, insted of booting from cd, i installed windows exp ( home edition ) from my desktop. now every time i turn my computer on it comes up as a black screen and asks me which program to use
- windows exp
- windows exp
i want to know if i can get rid of it so when i turn on my computer, it just loads normally into the one windows exp ( the 2nd windows exp doesnt work...) another problem is, now i cant format my comp because of this, because when u put the windows exp cd and boot from disk, it doesnt do that anymore it just goes straight to the operating system and asks me what windows exp to use.
i know this sounds real confusing, but i really need help please!
thank you for your time.

Try this hopefully it work for you...

1. Go to System Properties (Right click on My Computer, click on Properties)
2. Click on Advanced tab
3. Click on Settings under "Startup and Recovery" Column
4. Click on Edit

You will see a text something like this
Delete the one that you want to erase...

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

[Note]
I'm not 100% sure whether this is the correct way or not, try this at your own risk...

If the one you want to delete under "Boot Menu" locate at the bottom, simple delete the bottom one under "Boot Loader"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back