Multiple explosions hit London

Mikael

Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and three buses at the morning rush hour, police said, causing injuries and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.
Yahoo link.
CNN link.
FoxNews.

I can't even get to BBC News right now, but I am watching the news coverage live on the telly right now.

If an Islamic terrorist organization is the cause of these attacks then it is possible they attacked London because of Blair's continued support in Iraq.

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility... those bastards :mad:

(I know swearing is intolerable but I think there are extenuating circumstances here)

From CNN.com:
"A previously unknown group, calling itself the Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organization in Europe laid claim to the blasts, posting a statement on an Islamist web site a few hours after the explosions. The claim could not be independently verified. "

It is just uncomprehensible why people do things like this. I pray for everyone involved, and their families.

Such a cowardly thing to do.

Where are all these websites that this stuff gets claimed on. Or that hosts the videos when people get their heads chopped off.
Seems we always hear about groups claiming responsibility on some radical islamic militant website, but I've never seen a link. Guess I just don't visit the 'right' places.

Don't reply or send me PMs with those websites. We do not want Techspot hosting in any form any links to crazy websites having ties to that crap. It was more of a statement than a request.

And along those lines SNGX if we can find a goofball who started the Melissa virus and put him in jail using ISP info why are these cowards able to flaunt such info on the web without being tracked down and dealt with ? ? ?

They are the lowest form of life on the planet. Killing innocents over and over ...for WHAT ? ?

Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away.

patio. :cool:

Yet again, another terrorist outrage.

Just what these evil people hope to achieve, by killing and maiming innocent people, is beyond me.

I feel so sorry for all the people killed, and injured.

I would like to offer my sincere condolences to their families and friends.

Our thoughts are with you.

SNGX I feel you may be as linguistically challenged as I am. Would you know if you had looked at such a sight, apart I guess from any pictures.

SNGX1275 said:
Where are all these websites that this stuff gets claimed on. Or that hosts the videos when people get their heads chopped off.
Seems we always hear about groups claiming responsibility on some radical islamic militant website, but I've never seen a link. Guess I just don't visit the 'right' places.
The problem is that many of these sites are not hosted in the United States. Another major problem is that if an ISP does close down the site it will quickly be replaced. If Aljazeera doesn't show the video then some random sites posts the video/statement.

Tedster said:
nuke al quada
The problem is how do we go about doing that? We are already allegedly crippling al-Qaida in Afghanistan, but they may have still found a way to pull of this stunt in London. What always interests me is that it appears just about every terrorist group now has "ties with Al Qaida".

Mikael said:
The problem is how do we go about doing that? We are already allegedly crippling al-Qaida in Afghanistan, but they may have still found a way to pull of this stunt in London. What always interests me is that it appears just about every terrorist group now has "ties with Al Qaida".
You can never fully stop this type of thing, its been going on as long as people have. You can hope and try to make it as difficult for them to do this as possible.
Whether you think that it has been successful, made things worse, or anywhere inbetween though is up to you and beyond the scope of this board.

SNGX1275 said:
Whether you think that it has been successful, made things worse, or anywhere inbetween though is up to you and beyond the scope of this board.
Agreed. I can't say that I was necessarily trying to bring up politics. :angel:

Just as an update to my original post, at least 37 have been killed and over 700 wounded. :(

SNGX1275 said:
Agreed. I can't say that I was necessarily trying to bring up politics. :angel:

These type of atrocities, and those that are linked to it (i.e. Islamic fundamentalists), are partly reason for France and Holland turning down the EU constitution.
Turkey with its umpteen millions of Islamic believers does not belong within Europe, hell, most of it is even on a different continent!
They too are already under fundamentalist influence!

That's very nice of you realblackstuff to label all 70 millions of Turks as potential terorists.

Putting islam and terrorism together is an easy thing to do but doing so you are just taking the easy way.

99% of turks are muslim. How many turkish terrorists do you know? Or how about the international terrorism originating from Turkey?

60% of people in Lebanon are muslim with some 40% being christian. Now, what do we know about lebanese terrorists and the long history of it?

You know most terrorists are men. Maybe we should blame the sex instead? God, I may be a potential terrorist here! Oh, I know! Let's blame all guys with beards!

It is people organising terrorist attacks. Specific people from specific groups or people with mental disorders. Specific groups that have been formed because of some special historical and cultural reasons that in many cases we are all to blame for.

And as for nuking.. I bet many of the people responsible were British citizens maybe living in London. So let's start the nuking from there?

Now who is generalising?
Ever heard about discrimination and attempted genocide of Kurds?
Ever bothered to find out how Germany and Holland like their influx of millions of Turks?
If you are a native Estonian, I'm sure you did not like the Russians in your country either.
I'm sorry I brought the subject up.

The reason for the original posting is sad enough, and we all hope that the perpetrators will receive their just punishment.
Everybody will want to avoid it happening in their backyard.
And crime by association comes to mind easily.
I won't say anything more on this subject.

Kurd genocide is not terrorism. It is being done by legal measures and with the blessing of Turkish goverment and carried out by Turkish military. Haven't you noticed that when the guys killing civilians are in uniforms then it is not terrorism - it is "war" or "liberation" usually.

As for the Turkish immigration.. It already happened decades ago and with the blessing of german government because workforce was desperately needed. The conflict with the Turks arose because the immigrants (and Germans themselves too) lived in the belief that they would soon return to their homeland and so they did not integrate with the local population.

I do not like the older generation of russians in my country indeed because they were brought here by the Soviet regime to replace the local people who were sent to die in labour camps in Siberia with the future aim of suffocating our local culture and language and they have been living here as members of a "superior" nation with no desire to learn the language or to integrate with the locals.

I sincerely hope you do not say anything else xenophobic or racist here..

Mikael said:
What always interests me is that it appears just about every terrorist group now has "ties with Al Qaida".
I was reading a book by Jason Burke on "Al Qaeda" last year. Basically it's just a common ideology.
A decent analogy would be labelling every group that hates jews as nazis - These groups mightn't have any communication between each other, they just coincidentally share some common beliefs.
So catching Bin Laden, Al-Zarqai & other figureheads won't actually make much difference at all.

it's a horrible thing, to see so many civilians needlessly killed. i believe there is going to have to be a major change in western foreign policy to end these violent times, as following the road our predessors chose is simply expanding conflicts.

we don't have just the islamic extremists to worry about either. the aryan brotherhood blew up a federal building in oklahoma in 1995, based on a fictional scene in the turner diaries. i have read said book and it's far-fetched, but still scary knowing there are people out there who put such crazy plans into action.

A lot of people are saying 'nuke them,' but we don't even know precisely where they are, and if someone, say America does find out where they are, and nukes them, it could start another Cold War. Sorry to bring up politics again but thats the facts!

Back