multiple iexplore.exe process in my task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've got multiple iexplore.exe process in my task manager even if internet explorer isn't open.
When I try to end these process they appear automaticly again.
What's wrong and how can I get rid of it?
Thanks a lot.
Ken

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of KenJ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

log results

Hi,

In attachment the HJT log, Combofix log and AVG antispyware log.
The AVG anti-rootkit found nothing.
Regards,
Ken

wow... ur comp is loaded with start-up processes.
how sad!
well personally i feel AVG sux. try NOD32 or Kaspersky for better protection for the future.
besides try disabling these "viruses" from loading at startup somehow, find the softwares to do this online, try Neuber Security Task Manager 1.7
best way out: format n reinstall safely

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

ADSTechnology

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Bait soft.exe
Bits ref clock.exe
wscript.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: ADSTechnology module - {831CBAC0-8283-4653-9D81-FEB9F3F6E47C} - C:\Program Files\ADSTechnology\ADSTechnology.dll

O2 - BHO: ActivationManager module - {86A44EF7-78FC-4e18-A564-B18F806F7F56} - C:\Program Files\ActivationManager\ActivationManager.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefaultDomainName] cmd /c start /min reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon" /v DefaultDomainName /d BNL /f

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Trans Mapi Coal Software] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLAG GLUE TRANS MAPI\Bait soft.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Dale Amok] C:\DOCUME~1\kjeuris\APPLIC~1\DEBUGM~1\Bits ref clock.exe

O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: WorkPace 3.0.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - Startup: WorkPace 3.0.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe

O9 - Extra button: SSO - {2FBE4EA9-CA44-470A-98EF-142DE942AA76} - https://sso-bnl.capgemini.com/autologon.asp?url=http://www.capgemini.com (file missing) (HKCU)

Fix all 015 Trusted zone entries.

O16 - DPF: {7FC1B346-83E6-4774-8D20-1A6B09B0E737} (Windows Live Photo Upload Control) - http://shaantjetielens.spaces.live.com/PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab

Fix all 017 entries, if you don`t recognise the Domains.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: ACNotify - ACNotify.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\kjeuris\APPLIC~1\DEBUGM~1<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLAG GLUE TRANS MAPI<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\ActivationManager<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT and Combofix logs.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of KenJ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

new log files

Thanks for the help. Did everything you say.
In attachment the new log files.
Greetz,
Ken

Have HJT fix this entry from normlal mode.

O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: WorkPace 3.0.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe (User 'Default user')

Reboot your computer.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back