multiple windows xp installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjo13

If someone wants to build alot of systems, and install windows xp pro on them all, is there anyway he can get a license so he can legally do this from one disk without having a different xp pro disk for every install? I know (have known) people who work at repair shops that reformat windows and always use the same disk. Is this legal and if so, how did they get the rights to do this?

Where i work, we use pre-install cds and floppy disks. The floppy disk points the install to a location on our network containing the data on how windows should be set up. This allows us to keep the machines in factory mode until they are ready to be sold and makes installing xp easier and faster, by cutting out the need for a lisence key to be entered and cutting out language, connection, computer name etc settings. We can just start a pc pre-installing and come back to find it booted into xp. It gets all the information that it needs to configure itself from files on the network.

Have a look at this link

This link is the type of cd you need - it's the 1st one that came up in google. You make the floppy disc yourself as described at the link above

You can install as many XPs as you like from just 1 disk, BUT each install only runs for 30 days, then you have to use an individual key to register/activate.
So when I install xp from a disk I own, and it says 30 days to activate, the person who then has posession of the pc has to register it or it stops functioning, I understand that, But wiill he/she be able able to register if I used my serial code to set it up during the install? Won't that show he didnt buy the disk and it's already a registered copy of XP?

I like the idea of the preinstalled cds and floppies as well.

That CD is yours and yours alone, can only be registered once (in your name in this case). Anybody else trying to register it, using the same key (yours) will incur the wrath of M$, although I can't tell you how. They'll probably send the CIA or FBI or Mafia after that other person, to cough up the money for a new key. :D
Only a volume license will allow you (officially) to pre-install XP for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back