Music composition using Extigy?

I'm using a Dell Laptop now, which uses Crystal WDM Audio (I think it's built-in). I can play simple MIDI using Windows Media Player or Winamp (Microsoft Wavetable SW Synth), but when I tried to compose MIDI using Cakewalk Home Studio 2002, the software can't detect any MIDI output device. And that's why I'd like to buy Sound Blaster Extigy. But when I read the specification, it's written that it doesn't support SoundFont. So, does anybody use Sound Blaster Extigy here? If one does, can you do music composition using Extigy? Please tell me whether Extigy support MIDI synthesis? (in short, can I do MIDI in Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 if I have Extigy?) Thanks in advance!

I would like to know the same thing because I am a musician and do a lot of home recording. I want something with a nice amount of ability to accept high volume input levels.

As far as recording though their are sound cards specifically for it that are very high quality that you can get off of places like www.musiciansfriend.com - but they cost anywhere from like $180-300+.. I'd love to have one of those.

SB Extigy

Hi,

I have a SB Extigy but if you wan't to use it specialy for Midi devices i don't recomend this device. I have problems the let to midi port function correctly. The midi out port is working correctly, i have a Roland SC-50 attacht to it and it playes to music. But when i try to record music in Cakewalk it doesn't get a signal from the midi device. I've read some articals that when you want to use a lot of midi the SB Audixy is a better choice. Does any have a Extigy with a good working Midi in port??? I use Windows 2000 as operation software... any idea's?

Thanks,
Ikkuh

Back