must manually reboot/BCCode problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdms96825

This is my first post, so please bear with me.

About a month ago I noticed that I could no longer reboot by using the restart. Windows closes down properly on screen, but never starts up again. I have to manually push the off button on the tower and then manually press it on.

I installed and ran registry mechanic which found errors and repaired them, but it had no effect on the restart.

The last time I manually rebooted I received a message that my computer recovered from a serious error. This may be totally unrelated to the problem, but here was the error message:

BCCode : ea BCP1 : 88EB4190 BCP2 : 895B01F8 BCP3 : 89300960
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

When I clicked on "details", it gave the followng:

C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.DMS\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa48e.dir00\Mini092607-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.DMS\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa48e.dir00\sysdata.xml

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer a solution to this (these) problem(s). Also, is there some sort of reference list for the BCCode problems so that I can just look them up when they appear?

Thanks again.

This can be caused by a corrupted hard drive. The drive needs to be tested for bad sectors, and SMART status

TMagic,

Thanks for your reply.

Does the reply refer to the rebooting problem or the BCCode problem?

I've run a diskcheck but it found no problems.

What did you use to test the hard drive? Seatools from Seagate, run outside Windows, from a bootable floppy or CD, is the only way to test a drive properly

Tmagic:

I downloaded and ran the SeaTools for Windows. I ran the short test and my hard drive passed.

One other thing I just noticed -- I can restart from Safe Mode without any trouble.

What should I try next?

Alright dms96960,
I would have told you to perform the long test, but for now lets look at the systems memory. Run Memtest86 and see if you get any errors after about an hour of running the test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back