MX510 Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipper

I put this in here because i didnt really know anywhere else to put it and its semi-gaming, so oh well.

At christmas 2004 i bought a MX510, it worked for 5-6 months and then the right and left click buttons became very random in FPS Games( Would Aim when i didnt press anything etc) so i just thought it had worn out so i bought a new one, and now, just about 1 month later, it is starting to be very strange again. Sometimes rightclick will hold down after i press it, sometimes left click will keep holding down causing some random shooting in games, and sometimes the middle mousebutton will get stuck too. I really am sick of this problem and wonder is there anyway to solve it? If not, its the last mouse i ever buy from Logitech.

is the mouse wireless? this problem could be caused by a bad connection/signal, a low battery, or a failing mouse. i reccomend trying a cheap optical mouse (the microsoft models are quite comfortable), or testing your mouse in another computer.

Now im really annoyed..no its not wireless, it was a MX510 wired, connected with USB and PSP both the same..now bought a MX518 and its brand new..this also does the same stupid crap annoying problem of randomly holding or clicking buttons whenver it feels like..Ive Virus scanned with AVG and it foung nothing..this is seriously pissing me off now =[

Just done a scan with hitman pro cleaned the adaware and still no hope it seems..PLEASE ANY1 THAT HELPS ME FIX THIS OR ANYTHING I WILL PERSONALLY SET UP MY OWN RELIGION AND WORSHIP YOU :D:D:D

Well, one funny thing about that is that you said you did a virus scan, I don't believe viruses can get in your mouse. Unless they can ruin it by getting in a type of "link" it has.

Lol, I have the MX510 and it's the best mouse I ever used. Now that you've had 3 mice on there, I highly doubt it has anything to do with Logitech products.

I supposed you have used them on BOTH PS/2 and USB ports? It may be something funky in USB comm, so try the PS/2 plug if it has it. Check the add/remove programs and see if there is any mouse control software in there, remove it. Like Mouseware etc...
Go to Logitech's web site and load their own mouse software. Then go in and configure it.
See if you get the same problem from every USB port you have. In case it is just a certain hub acting up.
And you might track down a simple, cheap PS/2 mouse just to test with. Not a USB mouse.

Good luck

i reccomend using ad-aware se personal, ewdio security suite, and avg free edition to clena up your machine. they are all well-known and easy to use apps that have proven to be capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back