Mx700 Scroll button not working in games, but ok windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yeah. I am using logitech's drivers for my 700, and everything in windows xp works great, as do all the buttons. However, when it comes to any game (tried afew) when setting up controls, i cant assign my scroll button for say, weapons switching. Could it be the drivers? usb port? i havent tried anything yet, im going to switch the drivers to a normail microsoft mouse and see what happens. plus ill try using the ps2 adapter and use it in that port and see if it fixes it. Anyone else have this problem?

I just bought this mouse. Im not having any problems with it. It works perfectly fine, it's a mouse i'd recommend to anyone. I have it connected through the usb port. Hadn't had any problems in any games/app's with any of two drivers. I didn't use the drivers that came bundled in the cd, i just downloaded them from internet. They are probably updated, so you should try that.

Also, I bought a eluminx keyboard. And I must say i'd also recommend it to anyone. Its the best keyboard I've ever had. Specially in the dark, when the illumination is noticed.

The problem here (about 90% of the time) is the mouseman software.

If you CTRL+ALT+DEL and end task the mouseman software (em_exec.exe I think), then your problem will go away the next time you start your game.

Please note that going to the control panel and adjusting mouse settings will restart the program. Also, it starts up with Windows and you can disable it using msconfig (Start/Run/msconfig.exe)

Uninstalling the software will also eliminate this problem.

Ok,

Well i just installed a microsoft optical driver over it and it worked. then i downloaded the latest drivers from logictech and now the scroll works, but none of the other buttons work (they never worked however in games) SO, are those buttons useless in-game or can they be used besides just in windows.

You installed microsoft optical drivers for your logitech? Then you installed logitech drivers? Or are you installing the software? There's a difference there.

The buttons do work in games. I have had some issues with assigning the buttons extra functions. Your third button for example should be setup as "middle button" or some other mouse button. If you assign it as a key like CTRL or Backspace, then it will not work in games.

If you uninstall the logitech mouse software, you should have no problems.

I have had this mouse for a long, long time. I had it on pre order before it was shipped to the UK, and quickly learnt that using XP's default drivers is the way to go :)

Ok,

So what i did, was uninstall the current driver (from the cd that came with the mouse) and install a microsoft intelli mouse optical driver instead. Ok, fine the scroll but works. But, then i was told to get the latest drivers off their website (logictech's) so i did that, which installed the mouse software and (im guessing) updated the driver but i never check the dates. So the scroll button now works with logi's drivers, but the other 7 buttons dont work in games still. so...now what? and i made a mistake, its a mx500 not a cordless version.

Ok but still, why is it the game wont recognize the other buttons? is it because its an older game? (clive barkers undying) maybe ill try it with unreal tournament and see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back