my 2nd hard disk can't find my device drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to configure my 2nd hard disk but it isn't seeing any of the device drivers. how can i find them from the 1st disk. I don't have any copies of the drivers and only have dial up - too slow to download them all

You don't need drivers it connects straight to the hard disc controlled on the motherboard. Check your conections. Supply some more details. MB, OS and disc your using.

I'm running windows xp on disk 0, but I loaded server 2003 on disk 1, both of my hard disks are 256GB. I started both os's in safe mode, when I started the xp it listed all of the drivers when booting into safe mode but it didn't list any on the second hard disk.

backwoodsannie said:
I'm running windows xp on disk 0, but I loaded server 2003 on disk 1, both of my hard disks are 256GB. I started both os's in safe mode, when I started the xp it listed all of the drivers when booting into safe mode but it didn't list any on the second hard disk.

Are these SATA drives then? Can you boot into Server2K3?

I can boot into the server. I don't know what SATA drives are. It recognizes my hardware but not any of my expansion card drivers.
I really appreciate the assistance

Check in Device Manager to see if there are any warnings against these devices and try updating or re-installing the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back