My AOC LCD 716Sw monitor Blinking "it said DSUB"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shacalilung

I just buy a new monitor LCD a brand of AOC it is blingking and turns into black screen and it said DSUB? please help me ... but sometimes it is in a good condition whenever i open archade games and it is running longer it will turn blinking...my only cure to this is to restart my computer to stop that DSUB?.........THANKS YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO RESOLVE IT....

DSUB is the connection type; 15-pin VGA D-connector, as opposed to a DVI connector.
Its obviously losing signal, so try checking cable connections, maybe change the cable. Are you using a DVI>DSUB convertor?
Also make sure you have the correct resolution for the games you are trying to play.

hi! what is DVI connector and DVI>DSUB convertor..about the resulotion..when i check on it , it said 800 to 600 pixels its the highest and i cant adjust it anymore..i also check the cable i unplugged and plugged it again pls help me with this.. tnx for advance..

hi!again and thanks for your help..i search the link you share with me and i see that im using only the regular or called old version single ..can i ask u one more..what is the graphics card and how i know what graphic card i am using? and where its located in the CPU so that i will check on it..sorry im not a computer technician im just knew in doing this kind of thing..pls help me on this..thanks again..

shacalilung said:
what is the graphics card and how i know what graphic card i am using? and where its located in the CPU so that i will check on it

:suspiciou

Honestly mate, and with respect, if you really do not know then i think it would be better if you took your pc to a shop, otherwise you could break it if you try playing around with it yourself.

For now though, try this;

Right click on your desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced
This should tell you what graphics card you are using
or
Start > Run > "dxdiag"
This will run DirectX Diagnostics on your pc, it will also tell you what graphics card you are using.
It will either be NVIDIA or ATI/AMD.

Try that first.

oh k.jacko thanks for your great help... the screen image or the dpi change into 120 and suddenly restart and turns into widest screen and i also checked the instruction you made and there was no problem ... maybe i will monitor the changers i made.. thank you very much... for your patience.. god speed......

Right click on your desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced i could not do this beacause i choose the custom settings into 160 how can i return it inot 120?thank you

hi! again heres my system configure to help me why my monitor got a DSUB..my processor: intel Pentium III 700 MHZ, L2 cache :256 KB, Memory: 256 MB, Mainkeyboard: Trigem computer Inc., Nara-A, Monitor- Plug and play, Video card- 3DFX Interactive Inc., Banshee, Mode 800 x 600 with 32 bit color deph.
...and why if sometimes it tells that my Banshee stop functioning and it will good to reboot it..
its that ok to a computer to reboot..or maybe theres a problem with my video card...plss help me with this..tnx for advance..

Sounds like your 3DFX card is faulty. Also the native resolution of your LCD monitor will probably be 1024x768. Now, this shouldn't be a problem in itself, but if your 3DFX is faulty, then it won't help. You are running a very old pc. You need to have someone actually look at it AND inside it to determine what slot (AGP or PCI) your 3DFX card is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back