My apologies

ToRN

I would like to apologize for not being around lately. I know I have moderator responsabilities and I am not really full-filling them right now. So, sorry guys and thanks for doing my job too (without ever complaining :).

Off course I have a good reason for this. I am graduating this year and have been busy writting a final thesis (lack of better word). I made a work on 'open source vs. closed source' and this has taken a lot of my time since February. I also had my final exams in april so I had to study for them also. At the moment I am working 2 months at 'PC Gameplay' Magazine. I have been writing for them as a free-lancer for 2 years. Since I was fifteen I wanted to work there, so this is basicly my dream coming true. Al my studies and work until now were with the purpose to go there and this hard work has finaly paid of. I hope I will be able to stay here as a employee and not only this 2 month trainee-job, because I just love it. I have to work until end of June and hopefully my school will tell me I have passed this year. Otherwise I will have to take some exams again in Septembre.

I am very, very busy and feel a little bit guilty not having time to help you guys out more. You could also ask me why I don't resign as a moderator? Well, I really want to do this. It's been a long time now for me hanging around these forums (almost 3 years) and I made some good friends and learned a lot. I don't want to give you guys up.

I do read the forums, but until summer-vacation I won't be able to post or moderate a lot. I hope you guys understand this.

Anyway, I thought I owed you at least an explanation.

it's ok Torn, there's really no need to apologize. I was offline all weekend due to my kid's medical emergency; an as luck would have it I just got broadband.

So the moral is: Some things in life are more important but you always have a home here. :)

I'm sure Uncleel's kid will be fine :)
Torn, no matter how much we care for TechSpot, your career/future matters more and no matter how infrequent your visits become you will always be one of the gang ;)
We understand completely (well I do anyway :haha: )

maybe u'd like to publish that thesis up on here, im sure its an educational read! Well, welcome back to TS then :grinthumb Good to have you back torn.

I hope everything is alright with your kid but whatever it is, may the recovery be quick...

Yeah I'd like that too...We could help you on it too! :p
I as well hope your kid's all right, Uncleel :)

But anyway...

:wave:Welcome Back!:wave:

There's no need to apologize. It's not like we missed you or anything :haha: I'm kiddin' of course we did...

tnx

Thank you for understanding.

I would hapily post my paper, but it is in Dutch, so you would probably not understand what I wrote. Still, if you are interested - and that counts for everyone - you can always mail me.

Unc, good recovery to your kid.

Its cool ToRN, understandable with the schoolwork, I've had quite a bit too recently.
WindowsOS forum hasn't turned into something bad yet! (windows os moderated by me and torn and the supermods).

Originally posted by ToRN
Off course I have a good reason for this. I am graduating this year and have been busy writting a final thesis (lack of better word). I made a work on 'open source vs. closed source' and this has taken a lot of my time since February. I also had my final exams in april so I had to study for them also. At the moment I am working 2 months at 'PC Gameplay' Magazine. I have been writing for them as a free-lancer for 2 years. Since I was fifteen I wanted to work there, so this is basicly my dream coming true. Al my studies and work until now were with the purpose to go there and this hard work has finaly paid of. I hope I will be able to stay here as a employee and not only this 2 month trainee-job, because I just love it. I have to work until end of June and hopefully my school will tell me I have passed this year. Otherwise I will have to take some exams again in Septembre.
Nice one :)

Re: Re: My apologies

Glad to know you're getting where you want to go Torn :)

And may your kid have a speedy recovery Unc!

Hope everything is cool Unc with your kid.

I havent been around at all as well because of work. One of my fellow managers got laid off and they havent replaced him yet so I have been working some crazy hours. This is the first chance I havent gotten to go online and not be dead exhausted.

Dont worry Torn, we all have times in our lives that the internet means nothing compared to other realities.

I wasn't going to talk about it; but she got out of the hospital monday. One doctor givers her antibiotics for her acne. Another, antihistomine & inhaler for her asthma. Another, antidepressants. She also suffers with headaches, so throw in a couple Tylenols™ & who knows what else & you have a dangerous combination.

Thank you guys for all of your concern. :grinthumb

Back