my broswer has been hijacked....plz help!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I had this happen once before on my other computer and now ive been hit again, I cant remember what I used before to clean it up . I do remember i had to download hijack this . I just downloaded and ran pc doctor but after the scan it told me i needed to buy it. so that was not much help
the biggest problem i am having is I cant run my virus program(avg) and i cant even access any site that has anything to do with virus.. so I really need your help please. can u walk me through this so i can get rid of this malicious beast............im going to download and install hijack this and then run a scan and keep the log on file until i hear from you again

Thanks Bobbi

OMG it wont even let me run hijack this ...........it just flashes.
now what?????????????????//
plz help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

boot your system in safe boot.
turn off system restore.
run your anti-virus with updates
run spybot search & destroy
run ewido
run adaware
run microsoft anti-trojan

report back.

i hope i did this right

I ran avg there was 1 virus that was deleted. what bothered me about the scan is this at the very top of the scan it says : partial table MBR under results it says reading error and under status it says error then the next one down says. boot sector of disk c and under result is says reading error and under status it says error
the virus was I-Worm/sober.CF that is in the vault now

spybot search and destroy said Congradulations no immediate threats were found...........the microsoft one also said no errors
and here is the logs for ewido and adaware Ill send those as attachments

thanks for the help

Bobbi

ok, then rerun your anti-virus and spyware detectors. IF nothing comes up, you should be ok.

make sure windows is updated also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back