My comp turns on for 5seconds and turns off or dosnt turn on at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somtimes I turn it on and it stays on for about three seconds then turns off then on for another three seconds somtimes the lights are very dim red and the fan barly spins and most of the time it dosnt even turn on. Will this happend to me about three month ago and one day it just started working normally but now its been broken for a while and I tried to fix the power button I seen that was the problem on some forums but that didn't work I tried alot of things but nothing seems to work and just turned it off one day and it stopped working so i dont know if its the power source but just give me something to try please.

Have you tried checking on the fan/ ventilation? i use to have this problem with my P3. fan was jam with debris/ dust. when i boot up, it was fine, once i go in to window it freeze. After i got the fan moving (cleaning the dust) it works fine.

Hope it works for you.

Oh, Zenosincks mght have a point there too. Thought my experience was on the CPU. Cheers,

ah, i guess you are experiencing others problem, PSU perhaps like mentioned by Zenosincks. My apology i missed the point you said about dimming light. :)

and I had warenty I sent it out then this happend for a couple days and started working again do you think they replaced the CPU warenty finished now.
for sure they replaced the mother board tho

i suppose you should really try your PSU. Thats what i can think off anyway. Any further than this Zenosincks might be able to shed some lights?

Well, i suppose your PSU will be the first suspect. Even my senior say 'check the PSU' haha (i am not expert, mind you)

it's a learning process EVERYDAY. :)

i shall leave this to Zenosincks, he should be able to help you further compare to newbies like me. ;P

good luck on it.

my way of doing is troubleshooting by parts. if you have by any chance a spare PSU you can try that on and you can determine if it's the PSU.

Not exactly a reliable method at the present time considering the fact that they don't know what their system requires as far as a PSU goes. Probably a good idea to know what PSU you're putting into your PC ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back