My computer cannot boot past the splash screen please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday out of the blue my computer gets stuck on the splash screen, i turn on my computer and when i see its stuck in the splash screen i try to go into POST and see what was up, but i cant get out of the splash screen, and i cant go into safe mode or anything, i cant even go into BIOS. However, if i spam the hell out of the tab key when starting up my computer, it takes me into POST, if i wait untill the splash screen is on i never get into POST, but when i do it only gets to the point where it says, memory OK. the only thing i have considered so far was that maybe its related to my power source, as i just installed a new 7600 gt card and I still have a 350 watt power supply, probably not smart but it seemed to work. I havent tried anything hardware-wise yet and im looking for suggestions.

You have a hardware failure. It could be the "new" power supply, bad memory or a failing hard drive. If your motherboard has on-board video, remove the 7600GT and see if the system boots

If it gets tuck on POST, then it's a hardware failure! The only way to diagnoze which part is to swap device by device.

I'd just take it to the comp store at this point (unless it's a Dell)

ok thanks so much,couldnt find onboard video on my motherboard so im safe there im gonna guess its one of those other 3 things ,first im gonna try the power supply, since i was already considering buying one anyways, and if its not that then im gonna take it to a local shop. installing a new motherboard or hard drive is above me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back