My computer is mess up after using Avira Antivir. Can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedoca

Ok, I don't know if Avira Antivir PE Premium is too powerful or not but it found 6 or so suspicious contents which NOD32 didn't, and I deleted them. After restart the PC, first thing pop up is Avira found another trojan; c:\windows\system32\gebya.dll and one other, I forgot the name. No matter which action I select, it seems that Avira just can't do anything about this infection. So the screen just stays there and windows explorer couldn't even load up. So after an annoying process, I finally got it removed and did a system restore, but it wasn't successful. So now Avira is gone from my system but it's MESS up! This all happen last night and here are the symtoms I've found so far:

1, When I tried to play an .avi file with WMP, a "an internal application error has occured" pop up.

2. System Tools, System Restore, the page didn't come up. Try to open it again, all I got is a blank page.

3. some of the links in my favorites now can't even open that specific web site. Blank page.

4. After clicking on a link at a certain web site, it will not proceed to that location. Also, in Isohunt.com you know how the page drops down and reveals the torrent file after you click on the name, well it didn't that.

5. This is the worst, I still got this damn thing in my system.

Can someone give me some pointers here and restore my PC back to what it was 7 days earlier. Howard helped me to clean up my PC last week, it was running very good (major thank you), and now I'm infected again. How the hell can someone get infected twice with different BS within a week. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Side note: screw Avira, hooray for NOD32.

Your system is infected with a vundo variant.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of wedoca only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back