My computer is useless after virus attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer was infected by win32 some weeks ago when I got rid of it, it was too late as the virus spread to mostly .exe files, now I believe the virus is not anymore but mostly of the programs dont work so I tried to restore xp but I dont have the xp cd what else can I do? It is still on guarantee should I take it to repair services?... Thanks in advance guys!!

Repair services, and warranty stations, will not usually repair software issues under warranty... they will just recommend you use the restore disc that came with the computer, or on a hidden partition.
Since the computer is still under warranty, you can usually get the recover disc set free... unless you bought a shop-built unit. All computer manufacturers and sellers will ship you ONE only set while under warranty, until they run out of them. Sony will not. Alienware will not. Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway, Acer, and Toshiba will.
We get them all the time in our shop... usually arrive within four days.

Wel, its made by lenovo so I wil just call them and ask for a restore disc. Thanks raybay! Just got it some months ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back