My computer keeps freezing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sills18

Im currently running windows xp professional with SP2. My processor is an AMD athlon xp 1900+ 1.60GHz with 512 RAM. I will turn my computer on in the morning, look up a few things then ill have class. I will return in like 2 hours or sooner and it has froze. Everything completely quit working, including the time on the task bar. After I restart the computer, it will work fine because I will be doing something on it right up until I turn it off. But it seems once I leave it be, it will just freeze up. I have nothing running in the background but my AIM, when it freezes. I have looked up other forums and read those. but I figured I will post my problem and get first hand help. I was just wondering what the problem could be.

Thanks

well for one thing it could be your your screensaver or it could be your power management.If it is your screensaver just change it. If its not, what you do is go to the start menu, click on settings and then control panel.Go to performance and maintenance and then scroll down and click power options.Under turn off monitor, turn off hard disks, system stand by and system hibernates, select never for all of them. That might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back