My computer randomly shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacraficer

My computer randomly shuts off ONLY when i am playing games... it can do msn and music and stuff fine but when i play a game it usually lasts around 30 mins to an hour and it automatically shuts off my computer.. im wondering if this is my fan or ? What is going ? Help! ty :D

Sounds like your graphics processor is spreading too much heat to your cpu. A hot cpu shuts down a system. A hot psu does so also. Your mobo should run around 120F. Your cpu around 110F. Too much heat can change the value of any electrical component then they become erratic.

If you haven't already, can you try opening your PC and blow out as much dust as possible. At the same time inspect the fans on the motherboard and graphics card fan (if there is one) to make sure they are working properly. Sometimes when they get clogged with dust, they burn out or spin too slowly even after cleaning.

It could be that your PSU is overheating too - don't try and open it, just make sure the vents are all clear and the fan is running properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back