My computer says I'm connected to my wireless network but I cannot connect to the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I really hope someone can help me.

I have a wireless internet connection at home and was using the Internet fine up until a couple of days ago. Now, whenever I try to view a webpage I get the "page cannot be displayed" error page, my messenger services cannot log on either so I'm assuming I have no Internet connection. However, all the other computers and the laptop in the network are working fine (hence me being able to post this). My computer says that it has a "Very Good" connection to the network and I don't see anything wrong. I have tried rebooting several times, repairing the connection, disconnecting and reconnecting but nothing seems to work. I am using Windows XP.

Please does someone know what could possibly have happened? It is very frustrating having to borrow someone elses computer just to view my emails etc.

Thanks in advance, sammantha

I had a similar occurance a couple of days ago with the laptopl, neither wirelesws nor wired would connect to the internet, i restored my computer to an earlier time, i think it was about a week before it went wrong and I'm fine now. That is all i can suggest, try it with a wired connection too if you can and see if youve still got the same problem.

can you ping any sites?? to try, do this:

1) open up command prompt

2) type in: ping www.google.com

3) you should get something like this:

Reply from 66.102.9.104: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=240
Reply from 66.102.9.104: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=240
Reply from 66.102.9.104: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=240
Reply from 66.102.9.104: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=240

Ping statistics for 66.102.9.104:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% l
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 37ms, Maximum = 46ms, Average = 39ms.

If you get a reply, then it means that something else is blocking access. Check all firewalls and router settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back