My computer will not boot HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new computer and built it but when i turn it on nothing happens. I have reset the CMOS and checked to make sure that everything is seated correctly. Currently I have all components hooked up as follows:

Abit IC7 mobo
Geil PC3500 Dual Channel Ram
2.4C Pentium 4 800 FSB
WD Raptor HD
52x CD burner Lite On
Alpha heatsink
Radeon 8500 GPU

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

i do not think your motherboard

supports 400mhz fsb......therefore you may have the 400mhz version of the p4 and not the 800 mhz version

If your motherboard only supports a 400mhz FSB and you have an 800mhz FSB..... that is a hell of a bottleneck I would think.

When you say you can't boot up, do you mean your computer will not turn on? Or that you can get to a certain point of the boot 'POST' process? How far can you get? If you are able to get into CMOS settings then make SURE that your CMOS is set for 400mhz FSB since that is all that your motherboard can handle. You may want to check those settings.

I really don't recommend a 400MHz FSB motherboard when you spent all that money on a 800MHz FSB. I'm pretty sure you can run your system fine with PNP set at 400MHz, but still that means your not getting half the speed that you could be getting.

not that

it's just that the processor comes in two versions, 400 and 800.........make sure there are no conflicts.......but, your motherboard only supports the 800mhz version

all i said

was to check............i know what you thought you had..................could have been a simple mistake..........a non booting computer mistake.........

ok

now check your power source........YOU built it right?.........examine all the pins .....memory snaped in...............and, establish a checklist ........even if it means a teardown...........what a drag.........and man, you built a great foundation to put a little house on........p4 2.4..........but, intel is pricey.......oh well, cya

My processor only cost me 180 so it wasn't too bad. I actually think that the CPU or Mobo was DOA because i have checked everything like ten times. I know you probably think that i am a person who doesn't know anything about computers but.... I do know a lot and i know all the things you are telling me none of them work.

that's not true

you asked .......i answered.....simple as that...........but, to be quite frank........this is my last post to you..........you nor i need the psycoanalysis.........you got a handle on it ..........handle it

Check to make sure all your switch wires are connected properly.Sometimes they look right but are oposite of what they show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back