My Computer Wont Save Any Cookies...HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i noticed after i ran "ccleaner" an "fixed" the registy issuses my computer now wont save any cookies....i have to re type in the login for all sites....it doesnt save any internet settings.....does anyone kno how to fix this problem????

its not that....no matter what i do it wont save....i put the explorer on accept all cookies its still not working....can this have something to do with the registry??

Is the cookies folder still there? Did it get deleted accidentally?

Trenton_Hbg said:
i noticed after i ran "ccleaner" an "fixed" the registy issuses my computer now wont save any cookies....i have to re type in the login for all sites....it doesnt save any internet settings.....does anyone kno how to fix this problem????

It's a strange after affect of Ccleaner, it just happened to me. After a few restarts it seems to go away and let me save cookies again. There is no setting it's just strange.....

I recommend Cleanup! than CCleaner. I've never had any issues with it. Seems alot less 'clean' than CCleaner. It's a very small program and works great!
Cleanup!

fastco said:
It's a strange after affect of Ccleaner, it just happened to me. After a few restarts it seems to go away and let me save cookies again. There is no setting it's just strange.....

did u scan your computer for registry issues with ccleaner?...because thats what i did....alot of issues came up....i clicked fix an it hasnt saved a cookie sense....i also ran the cleaner after...so it deleted all my cookies and it WONT save any.....i read other posts where people had the same problem but i still have not been able to fix this problem.....

Did you enable cookies in IE? If it fixes registry values then it could be changing that setting.

For discussion purposes I suggest including the version number of the CCleaner you are using just in case yours might be outdated. Newer versions might have fixed certain problems.

Trenton_Hbg said:
did u scan your computer for registry issues with ccleaner?...because thats what i did....alot of issues came up....i clicked fix an it hasnt saved a cookie sense....i also ran the cleaner after...so it deleted all my cookies and it WONT save any.....i read other posts where people had the same problem but i still have not been able to fix this problem.....

Yes I did and the problem is intermittent. Fixes itself for me after a while. I am using version 1.31.325

You could try this,

Click on the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.

Click on the Security tab.

The lower half of this window is titled "Security level for this zone". Click the "Default Level" button near the bottom right of the window.

Click OK to close and save the changes to Internet Options.

Close and restart the browser, then try again!

Worth a shot !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back