My computer wont start!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheconfused

hello,

when I press the power button on the front of my pc all the fans and lights come on and spin round as normal and the computer sounds normal (from the inside). But the screen and my key board and mouse (which are both USB) won’t work. This problem has started immediately after replacing my old CPU fan. In the process of replacing the fan we had to take out the mother board and other drives because of installing a new bracket for it to mount on. my thoughts at this stage are either that the mother board is broken (although the new cpu fan still works) or that there is maybe a little cable some where that I have not plugged in properly and is causing this problem. I would be very great full if some one could help and give me some pointers to what it could be and maybe what to check.

thank you
alex

Welcome to TechSpot!!! :D

Have you opened the case and looked for anything maybe unplugged?

yeh i have had a thourough look around and talked to my brother about it whos pretty good with computers and he cant see anything rong. there are some 1 pin conecters that are not lugged in but he says that they are not nessercery. i have also tried taking out other cards such as graphics, network and sound cards but to no sucsess.yes I have had a thorough look around and talked to my brother about it who’s pretty good with computers and he cant see anything wrong. There are some 1 pin connecters that are not lugged in but he says that they are not needed.. I have also tried taking out other cards such as graphics, network and sound cards but to no success.

Did you remove anything? Like the GPU etc? Maybe check and make sure everything is seated properly.

yeh i did tht is proberly what i will check next :)
thank you very much. would it do any damage to the rest of the components if it wasnt seated properl;y and i pressed the power buttin :S ?
alex

i have checked the cpu and it is seated properly :(
the other drives are also seated corectly. :(
the only other things i can think of is eaither it is shorting out on the mobo isshorting out on the case some how or the other is that i moved the memory from the 2 yellow slots to the two red slots :S

i can safely say now that my computer is sorted!!!!! :)
the problem was with the seating of the memory.
thanks for all your help though :)
alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back