My counter-strike is screwd up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been having some problems with my counter-strike 1.6. Its hard to explain but I'm experiencing some sort of lag that effects my recoil and slows my weapon switch and awp zoom tremendosley. I'm thinking it could be driver problems or possibly internet problems. I've already tried uninstalling steam and reinstalling and actually reformated to see if that fixed it and it didn't.

thanks for any help

-facist

GeForce FX 5200
AMD Sempron Processor 2600+
766mb ram
I'm pretty sure I have a VIA motherboard but not 100%
Obviously you can tell I'm new to this :D

I dont play CS, and I know its not that graphic demanding, It may be an issue with your ram, you not having enough, or could be a driver issue. More than likely if it just recently started happening its driver issues. I see you're running a laptop if I'm correct. Did you try going to nvidia site and looking for updated drivers. I know that card is about 3 years old.

No I'm not running on a labtop my computer is just old and I'm positive 768MB ram is plenty for counter-strike and its wierd because I've always been able to play without this problem until a few months ago. I downloaded the newest drivers for my card from nvidia as well.

ok, well if its not a driver problem. Have you dusted your system recently, if its pretty old then dust is a major factor. Or it just might be about that time :) to upgrade that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back