My CPU Usage is constantly at 100%! Please Help me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CPU usage is constantly at 100%. It goes down to like 80 something every now and than, but that's only for a few seconds. I have McAfee Anti-Virus, I just got something called Reg cure...and that, didnt do squat. I Dont know too much about computers, but I do know that it's not running like it used to....Can someone please help?

Hi Skiz0101 and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of skiz0101 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well, before I do all that reforamting and stuff....I see that I have a process calles "System Idle Process" that keeps using a ton of CPU...I try to End it and it wont let me and it says this operation is not valid for this process. Does that mean anything???

Hi,

System Idle Process is exactly what it sounds, just something that your system does when its doing nothing. It is there to show you how many percent of your resources are actually free. No worries about it.

So have you decided to reformat or clean your computer?

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Skiz0101 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Yeah, I'll probably do that. But isnt that what the "Reg-cure" was supposed to do????. Also, is it bad that my COU usage is at 100% most of the time? What's normal for something like that? Thanks!

Hi,

What do you mean by COU usage?

As I mentioned earlier, Regcure is a rogue program and should not be used. Please go through the cleaning instructions provided, and I will instruct you further on how to continue.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Skiz0101 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry..I meant CPU. I'll do that tomorrow. I'm on EST it's almost 2am here. I Ended one of the svchost.exe processes and it did a world of difference. Are the svchost.exe processes bad???

Also regardless if yo put "Please Help!" in your title, we will help you. We are equally incilined to help somebody lacking it. In fact we are probably more inclined to respond to the thread that doesn't have "Please Help!".

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back