My Dream PC What u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

I Have Made a list of everything i want to put in my Dream PC can anyone tell me if there is anyproblems with it or any suggestions. The Prices are in Australian Dollars.

AMD Athlon64 X2 4800 Dual-Core – CPU - $1300
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe, nForce4, S939, DDR400, 2x PCI-Ex16, SATA, 2x GigLAN, ATX – Mother Board - $250
Gigabyte NX78X256VP-B GeForce 7800GTX, 256MB, Dual DVI, Video-In, TV-Out, PCI-Ex16 – GPU - $900
Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2GB Kit – RAM - $500
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 – Sound Card - $100
Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1, 2.1 Channel Speaker System – Speakers - $250
View Sonic VA702B 17" LCD Monitor, Black - 8ms Response – Monitor - $ 400
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8, 250GB 7200rpm ATA100 IDE HDD - 8MB Cache – HDD - $200
LG GSA-4163BB 16x DVD+/-R/RW Dual Layer IDE DVD Burner – OEM – DVD Burner - $150
LiteOn 52x32x52 CD-RW, IDE, Retail Pack with Software – CD Burner - $50
Logitech Cordless Desktop MX-3100 – Mouse & Keyboard - $250
ThermalTake VA8000BWS Armor Black Steel Case with Window – Case - $300
Antec Phantom 500W Fanless ATX Power Supply – PSU - $300
Sony 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive – Beige – Floppy Drive - $25

$4975

I guess it is all a matter of opinion. Looks like an AMAZING system, but here's the changes I'd make if it were me.

Downgrade that CPU to something like a Athlon64 4000 or so, and spend the extra cash on a 19" monitor. Most applications are not making use of dual CPU technology yet, and I like to have a BIG monitor.

Also, bump up to the premium version of that board. The Deluxe version has a fautly chipset fan (not all, but many).

NICE COMPUTER!

Hi skitzo_zac,

Your specs look vert good. I'd suggest you think about what you're using the PC for. Is it more for gaming or business use? If its gaming, you can jack up the RAM and maybe even consider dual CPUs for extreme performance.

:)

if you can afford it

If you can afford it, the best gaming display is the Dell 2005 FPW. It is a 20.1 inch widescreen with 12ms response time. It gets great reviews. It's around $430 USA Dollars. Here is a link.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=6198&cs=19&l=en&Page=productlisting.aspx

(Dell has massive sales so check on the price once a week).

I would downgrade your processor to a 64 4000 or a X2 4200 and get the widescreen. The faster processors just don't pay off. Good Luck.

Building it

So there are basically no problems with that system. But say i do get the money and i buy all the parts how hard is it put it together and how long would it take? keep in mind that the most experience i have with building computers is when i put a firewire card into my current system.

No good

Your system is fine, except the moniter. Seriously, that thing has gotten bad reviews for gaming. You're much better off with the Dell 1704 FPT. If you can swing $450 you should get the Dell 2005 FPW. It is an incredible bargin. I would downgrade the processor and get it.

NICE! bigger moniter needed

I like it but what do i know im' still 14 and my parents are to cheap to spend money....shhhhhhhh if you think its good i say screw everybody else think what you think.

Why not balance the parts a bit better ? Fastest CPU & GPU is not the only thing to look for. You shouldn't skimp on the sound/screen department either. Without going all out like Spartan is offering, there are very good 19" LCDs that are perfect for gaming. Also get a better set of speakers, something along the lines of Logitech or Altec Lansing & preferably a 5.1 system (unless you only play with your headphones).

There's also no need for a CD burner if you already have a DVD burner. It can do both. You can also throw away the floppy drive IMO. :p

With the rest of the comments, my take would be chaging the HDD subsystem.
Save some serious bucks going to a regular single, fast CPU. And change your HDDs.

I'd say put a couple 120gb SATAs in there on RAID 0 Striping, for speed. And a 3rd, perhaps IDE drive of 200gb or more, as a data/backup drive.

Or instead of that, perhaps get a 10,000rpm 74gb drive for Windows and games, and an additional 200gb+ drive for backup and data.
With all that fast hardware, a single HDD is going to end up being your bottleneck.

Otherwise, it's a good system, but I agree that the balance of parts is not very good. Some things could go down to let other things go up. The sound card is mediocre, and if you want a 2.1 speaker system, get a THX certified one.

Good luck

19"

I dont really want a 19" monitor i currebtly have a 17" View Sonic VE700 at home and i am perfectly fine with it. and hey this is not going to happen for a while anyway this is only a dream pc at the moment untill i get me a job and some $$$.

if your budget is arond 1000 you could get and
amd 3200+ 152
vnf 4 ulraa 65
or asrock duel sata2 63 with agp and pci e 16x
eather a gefoce 6800 or ati redion x800gt
a good reliable make psu antec, epower, ect
a dvd burner and a big enpoh hdd that will fit you needs

skitzo_zac said:
I dont really want a 19" monitor i currebtly have a 17" View Sonic VE700 at home and i am perfectly fine with it.

Do you remember when you went from a 15" to a 17" and how wonderful it was? Have you ever tried to use a 15" since then? It is SO TINY!!!

That is what a 17" monitor is to me now, since having bought a 19".

[says donnagual as he squints, using his 13" laptop screen to write this :suspiciou ]

Need Money Make $2000 (weekly)

hey my brother works at a place. he makes about $2000 a week. just work at sports center. i mean i don't know where you live but if theres a close by sports center make a schedule and go for a job(example:Bob Carpenter Center, Wachovia Sports Center) you should posibly try stadiums too but whatever or somthin you know

goodluck on your dream pc its really nice.

Is This Good????

DO u guys think this is a good gaming system, i just worked out somethin from the top of my head, do u think they will fit together!?!?!

Motherboard Asus A8N-SLI Premium $231.07
CPU AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ $422.56
CPU Cooling Koolance CPU-300-V10 CPU Water Block $78.15
Ram OCZ PC3200 Perf. DC - 2x 1024mb $294.01
Case Koolance PC3-725BK V1000 (Black) $585.04
Power Supply Antec Phantom 500 $206.02
Hard Drive Samsung HD160JJ 160GB SpinPoint P $114.80
Video Card EVGA GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E (2) $390.73
Monitor CTL 201LX - LCD 20 inch: Black $665.37
Sound Card Onboard Sound $0.00
Speakers None $0.00
CD / DVD Rom Plextor PX-716A/SW 16x Dual Layer DVD+RW/-RW $164.37
CD / DVD Rom Plextor PX-716SA/SW 16x DVD+RW/-RW SATA $168.44
Removable Drive Teac 3.5inch 1.44 Floppy Drive (black) $12.08
Keyboard Logitech Cordless Comfort Duo $106.41
Mouse None $0.00
Video Cooling Danger Den NV-78 7800 Cooler $176.49
Chipset Cooling Danger Den MAZE4-Chipset Block $58.03
Case Mods Liquid Neon Light (blue) $13.33
Case Mods Liquid Neon Light (red) $18.81
Case Mods Liquid Neon Light (RGB) $32.00

Sub Total: $3737.72

Dream PC

Hiya.

It looks ok to me. As long as your hardware is compatible, u shouldn't have any trouble. Check for white papers and known issues with Asus, Seagate, etc to make sure u aren't missing anything. Failing that, u should be fine. Go for it.

Microbot.

(UK member)

My goodness, that's an expensive case, and doesn't come with a good PS already?

I'd look in to some Lian-Li cases. I've always liked their stuff.

dude, go for 2x120Gb (or higher) HDD instead of one insane one.

it would be easier to format, plus if you have one HDD just for applications and the other for other bits n bobs... then games etc will load quicker ;)

I wouldn't even want my mother using a 17" monitor.....

You can bet my dream PC has a 24" or better. ;)

YEAH URE RITE.

HENCE I AM GETTING 2<-- thats 2 (lol) geforce 6800 gt sli combuination, hence my graphics and stuff will improve,
guys i am only 15, i only noe some stuff not everything!!!
LOL

Well he's saying $25 is WAY high price for a floppy. Try for $10 or less. Unless you are thinking about one of those floppies with a multimedia reader in it.

And the PC is nothing without a monitor, if you plan on staring at it for hours on end, best put some serious thought into it.

Be careful how SUPER high end you need. You don't need a $500+ case with a liquid cooling, just a run a single CPU, say, 4000+ with no overclocking.
You could probably shave at least $500 off that system by changing a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back