my DVD stoped working, drivers issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltrun

Hi. I recently had a very serous BSOD crash so I had to reinstall. Now I've been dealing with minor ones on and off for the last couple days. I have most drivers up-to-date but now I'm having a problem where windoze stopped regonizing my DVD. IT also stopped regonizing my A floppy drive, both which are on separate IDE channels. I'm thinking this is a PSU problem (because they were on the same power line, HOWEVER so was my graphics card and usually when it doesn't recieve power it gives me a message) or a driver problem (even though my dvd is OEM and HCL does't have any drivers defaulting to windose drivers, or my bios ones?). How would one figure it out? I was also wondering if this could be a BIOS problem because my bios regonizes my DVD drive, but windoze gave is a red questionmark on the shortcut. Now it doesn't appear in my computer, along with the A drive. Gahh Help!

it doesn't sound like a psu problem. take out the dvd drive and see if the bsod problems persist. if they persist, your motherboard is more than probably the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back