My first blog :)

jahangir

Hi friends,

I just created my blog

This is my first time to have a blog, I didn't know how they work.

You're welcome to my blog at http://my.opera.com/jahangir-agha

please let me know how can I promote my blog that many people should know about it?

also if you know any other blog hosting website then plz tell me.

dont forget to leave your comments on my blog

thanks
jahangir

I am waiting for your comments on blog. Please join it and leave your comments with suggestion (if any).

Whats the point of this?

I don't think you need Techspot to push your blog. Perhaps just put a link to your page in your sig and leave it at that.

Nice enough page though.

good idea Vigilante!

Its my pleasure to put a link to techspot on my blog as I am a big fan of techspot.com.

The reason to discuss my blog here is that its my first time to have a blog and I want some suggestions from you friends that how to make a blog more interesting for others, what things should be discussed and what things should be avoided...etc

If you like to discuss with me You're welcome.

Jahangir

Its fine if you want to push your blog on a thread here on TS. The reason Vigilante is questioning you is because as of your last post in this thread you only have 9 total posts on Techspot. You can be the biggest fan in the world of Techspot, but how are we to know that when you only have 9 posts? To US it looks like you might just be shamelessly promoting your blog.

So if you really are a big fan of us, then go ahead, and this thread and your plug will continue to survive. If you aren't we'll figure out soon enough by your lack of posts and this thread will fall to the dreaded page 2 and beyond.

Yes my posts are very few but it does not mean that I am not interested in techspot. Actually first I didn't know about forums and I had no idea how they work, One of my friend told me to join some forums and get help on anything so I joined some forums recently.

Second reason is that mostly I use forums to ask or to get help and I really get the fastest help from this techspot forum.

As I enjoyed getting help from forums I was wondering that If the forums work like this then what are blogs? how they work...etc So I made my own blog and asked you friends to give me some suggestions. But I really forgot that first I have to show that I am a fan of TS and have to increase the no. of posts then I will get help. otherwise not.

Even my FAVORITE photoshop forum has only 35 posts of mine but my friends are giving me suggestion.

I am still a FAN of TS and not disappointed from anyone of you :)

btw. I have made a link to TS on my blog, on homepage :)

thank you

lol, take no offence jahangir. I thought you were going to continue pushing your blog in this thread every time you made a new entry, to try to get people to go there and answer it. Which would get very tedious very fast.
I'm no fan of "post count prejudice", but many people are 1 post wonders to promote something and then disapear forever. I don't judge someone's knowledge on a subject based on their post count.

Second, while putting TS on your blog is a good idea too, what I meant was put a link to YOUR blog in YOUR signiture here on Techspot. So that way every time you post HERE, there is a link to your page in your sig. People will find it that way, without you having to tell them to go to your blog in a thread like this.
You can edit your signiture in your profile here on TS.

You have found a great forum here, very fast for advice, as a lot of gurus from different parts of the world are almost always around. And no question is a dumb one unless you just want to advertise your stuff :)

Lastly, a blog doesn't have a purpose whatsover. You don't need advice from us what to do with it. Just post about whatever you want, whatever is on your mind. If you want to "theme" your blog, then choose a theme you are comfortable with. Like tech stuff, or comedy, or ranting, or hip news, etc... There are a million blogs for every personality, and there are a million more which is absolutely directionless and it's just a guy talking about life. But there is always somebody interrested in reading about somebody else's life.
I personally don't read blogs, there is enough things to keep me busy online without reading other people's opinions on life. But don't let that stop you from toying with the idea.

cheers

Thank you vigilante.

nice advice about the purpose of blog.

Ok, I am over and out from this thread :)

will be back soon
take care

Back