My friend deleted her soundmax thinking it was a virus, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her computer doesnt play sound anymore. She has a windows XP and deleted soundmax because she thought it was a virus. She reset her computer back to before she deleted it and sound played, but she cant have it set back to before she deleted it or else she wont have internet.

I'm trying to help her. help?

Do you have the CD for the motherboard? Pop it in, and reinstall the drivers for the sound.

If you don't have the CD (actually, even if you do, it is best to get the latest drivers from the homepage anyways), you need to go the motherboard makers homepage, and download the drivers for the sound.

Of course, this is assuming the sound card is built into the motherboard. If she has a separate soundcard (not built in), then you need to go to the sound card maker's homepage and find the drivers there.

Good luck!

You didn't understand any of that.... you mean, you didn't understand my advice?

Up to you, if you want to give up on her, and loose all possibilities of some gratitude sex, then that is your choice. But if you want to help the damsel in distress, I can walk you through it. ;)

Hey, always willing to help a brother get laid. ;)

Before I can be sure whether or not I can help, I need to know as much as you can tell me about her computer. Especially make and model. Details please!

I to am here only to help you see some action.

Use this link

type in her service tag (should be on the side of the case, its a small black sticker)
and find the model number on the list, im thinking dimension, just look for the number and name around the power button.

When you input that, you should get a list of aviable downloads, just find the one for onboard sound. It could have a different name, just look for a company (could be realtek, intel etc) fallowed by sound.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back