My Friend Is Screwed - Sad Little Story

TS | Crazyace

This can happen to anyone.

Monday 2AM my freind (driver) and his BEST friend (passenger) were driving home from a local sports bar. They took an exit of the highway and were following a girl friend of theirs. My buddy was driving, and he passed her. After the pass, spun out of control and slammed into a tree probobly at speeds near 70MPH. Passenger died instantly, my friend is in ok condition.

Somthing he has to live with for the rest of his life. Hopefully, the toxology report was inconclusive, if not errr...

Anyhow, just makes you think about driving and screwing around a bit. I am sure he is looking at prison time even if he wasnt lit.

That sucks man. I been in a car a few times when I probably shouldn't have as a passenger. Actually one of the times I got myself into a fair bit of trouble, won't tell the story here - if you come to the IRC channel I'll tell it there (I don't mind repeating it). But basically, use your own judgement and if you aren't the driver don't be afraid to tell them to be a bit extra careful.

I once knew a very pretty young girl called Lorna, who was the girlfriend of a friend of mine.

She was so pretty that I think we all guys fancied her all a little bit. I know that I did.

Last year, when she was 20, she was with new boyfriend driving home from a weekend's stay in a hotel.

Their car swerved off of the road, and fell about 100 feet down a gully. They both died instantly when the car exploded into a ball of flame.

Some other of her friends reported that the guy had been known to drive fast, etc to try to impress her....

Needless to say, her funeral was NOT a very fun affair. Her mother had big swollen rings around her eyes from crying constantly for days.

My nephew, who was 15 @ the time, disobeyed his folks & went riding w/ a friend who had just gotten his drivers license.
His friend turned in front of a car & got "T-Boned" on the passenger side. My nephew has been a vegetable ever since. I thought it would had been merciful had he died.

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

SleeperDC: Atleast in Sweden you will not get your driver licence untill you complete such a course as BMW are promoting there...

And I must say that you really do learn a great deal from such a course, whole-hartedly recommended...

(I myself got my drivers license three months ago, the age limit for taking the license is 18 years here in Sweden, though you may begin driving when you are 16 years old if the person driving with you get the "green go" from the police department...

(Must have had driver license for 5 years "spot free" i.e. not being caught doing anything illegal...)

It's allways terrible when something like that happens!

Same thing happened to a friend of mine... They hit a tree head on...
The guy in the passenger seat was dead, my friend in the back survived (though how he did that was a miracle, as he was crushed between the seats), and the driver survived...

The driver was convicted of manslaughter, and driving whilst under the influence of alcohol...

So don't drink and drive... It's hard enough whilst being sober....

Originally posted by TS | Crazyace
he was not drunk, i just found out

That's a very good thing. A guy I was friends with in high school was driving and another guy that lives near me and is a good friend of my cousin was riding in the passenger seat. The driver had been drinking and it was very late at night. He ran off the road and hit a tree and flipped several times. He was killed instantly and the passenger was critically injured. Thankfully the passenger survived and after a intensive recovery period he is back to normal.

I truely believe he wrecked because he fell asleep at the wheel and not because he was drunk. Still the alcohol probably had something to do with it. The worst part is he was coming back from my cousin's 21st birthday party. The driver was 19 at the time I believe.

I think everyone has a story like this at some point in his or her life tragically enough. I can personally say I have three and I'm only 19. Another good friend of mine killed himself not too long ago in front of his parents no less. His father had to watch his son die in his arms on the way to the hospital. I can't even begin to imagine what that would feel like. I won't go into the other stories I have. Anyway, enough of my stories. Enjoy your friends now because you never know what tomorrow has in store for you or them.

Sorry to hear man. I bet its tough...

I actually had a talk with a friends mom three nights ago. We were watching some tv show where they showed the trial of some kid who killed his cousin while he was driving under the influence. I commented to her that if i was accidentally killed by my friend i wouldn't want him to go to jail. It is not that i do not value life, because i do, it is just that i don't see the point in jailing a friend. It is bad enough that you yourself are dead, why add to it by sticking a friend in jail? Anyone see what i mean?

Originally posted by Phantasm66
I once knew a very pretty young girl called Lorna, who was the girlfriend of a friend of mine.

She was so pretty that I think we all guys fancied her all a little bit. I know that I did.

Last year, when she was 20, she was with new boyfriend driving home from a weekend's stay in a hotel.

Their car swerved off of the road, and fell about 100 feet down a gully. They both died instantly when the car exploded into a ball of flame.

Some other of her friends reported that the guy had been known to drive fast, etc to try to impress her....

Needless to say, her funeral was NOT a very fun affair. Her mother had big swollen rings around her eyes from crying constantly for days.

lorna.jpg

I am very sorry to hear of anyone dying in any way, but a casr crash is an exeptioanlly horrific way to die. One of my fathers friends died when his car flipped off a motorway bridge when hit by another car. Really horrible way to die.

You know, I would really love to say something here crazy about your friend and his driving, however, when I got up this morning and checked my email, there was a message from the Priest of my church. Our Archbishop's daughter and unborn child where injured then died tuesday in an accident in Nevada. So very quickly, lets all be alittle more careful.

Crazy, I will pray for your friend and let's hope he doesn't have to serve any time. He will have this the rest of his life.

It is sad to hear of young lives being cut short because of one little mistake.

I had a friend who was with some people he knew and they were coming back from a party, my friend was in the back seat, the driver swerved to keep from hitting a truck, both vehicles went off the road and the only survivor was my friend. The drivers were both intoxicated according to the police. My friend was charged with criminal negligence for letting the guy drive while intoxicated. He got ten years suspended sentence plus five years probation.

Back