My hard drive space keeps dwindling down for some unknown reason...assistance please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My space on my hard drive keeps dwindling down to zero without me even doing anything. I've deleted some programs and created space only for it to be lost mysteriously. And FAST.

My mouse pointer has the little hourglass next to it CONSTANTLY...I'm assuming that has something to do with it...but the hourglass won't go away even as I surf the internet and whatnot.

I ran this AVG antivirus program and it found nothing. I would download some other antivirus program but obviously that's a tad difficult considering I have 0KB of space available. So please offer me some suggestions...it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if maybe I can contact Sony for some help or not? Not really too sure.

Sounds like you've got a worm in there eating up your drive space (constantly creating and duplicating files). Have you tried a full format and reinstall? I know it sounds a bit drastic but may be necessary if you can't use av program on there. Possibly a stand-alone like McAfee's Stinger from HERE would help.

On a side note, I believe I've read something on this site about some drive corruption that would do the same thing but it's been awhile and I don't recall what it was. Possibly somebody else in here has some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back