My HJT log and Windows Installer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

palla2007

Hey guys!
I've a problem with Window Installer service. It automatically runs without i doing anything. MY OS WINXP SP2.I added some new software like a WebRoot Firewall, when this problem started and i dont want to remove this software!!

I've attached the HJT log with this msg. Please check it and let me know the problem!!

Thanks in advance!!

Your system is infected with a variety of malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of palla2007 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

WAN Miniport (PPPoE) prb now!!

Hi Howard!
Sorry for delay in posting. Hey i've tried to follow the Virus/Spyware/Malware instructions and removed my new Firewall "Webroot Desktop Firewall" by deleting its folder. Then my Internet connection stopped working.

I did a virus scan from the website you mentioned,before everything stopped.
But i was unable to run the Malware /Spyware programs mentioned, as i was unable to update them using Net.

So i installed a NEW OS in another drive.
There the Internet connection is working fine and did all Virus/Spyware/Malware removal procedure. Everything worked fine. My installer problem also got solved.

But the old OS stops connecting thru WAN Miniport (PPPoE) (which i think is a network adapter) and gives an Error 678: UNABLE TO REACH REMOTE HOST.
When i try to ping Gateway, it gives Request Timed out.

I think something is obstructing , pinging my Gateway. Bcz, this works on my new OS!!

I'm attaching the HJT log of my OLD OS for your perusal!! Please let me know anything is obstructing pinging my Gateway like any Dialers, Spyware, Malware or Virus or there is any Error with PPPoE protocol..Let me know should i do anything or attach anything if necessarry!!

I wasted 2 days doing all this and my head got a big bump!! Please help soon!!

Reinstall your firewall software, or try doing a system restore to before you deleted it. You`re not supposed to just delete it`s folder, that`s not the way to uninstall something.

No doubt, that`s what`s caused your net problem.

This thread is for the use of palla2007 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i did system restore!!

Hey Howards!
Thanks very much for the quick answer. I did a System restore after deleting the folder. I also tried to re-install the firewall, but had problems in installing it..

Is there any other soln??
How can i know that is there something related to firewall ? on my OS.?

Well, it kind of seems obvious that you net was ok, until you deleted the firewall.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall your firewall if you can.

Then, try reinstalling it.

If that doesn`t help, then maybe you should try a Windows Repair as per this thread HERE.

i did everything!!

Yeah Howard!
I did everything that was mentioned.. But still the Gateway doesn't ping..May be still some Webroot is remaining somewhere!! How do i clean that??

I don`t really know what else to suggest, other than backing up your important data and doing a reformat and reinstall.

Maybe, someone will have a better idea, but I can`t think of one at the moment.

No problem!!

Thanks Howard for whatever answers you gave me till now..

But the thing, this might be the causes of the prob..
Prev. when i did "ipconfig" the WAN Miniport ADAPTER used to display some IP and Gateway settings. but that doesnt doing it now. Only the RealTek adapter is displayer..

Also my Gateway doesnt ping!!
Are there any tools to know, what IS BEING DONE when we do a PING??
Like what processes or applications start etc??

So if can think on these 2 things and let me know of anything, please let me know.!!

For you net problem you might want to consider opening a new thread in our Storage and Networking forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back