My HJT log, slow computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranath

Okay I was told to do complete spy/adware check, I did but it didn't help. Refer to this to learn a bit more about my problem.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=161685

I cleaned quite a lot of stuff with adaware and some with HJT but nothing helped. An interesting thing I learnt though is that when booting in safe mode without network enabled, my problem was solved - services.exe did not use processor. When I, however, booted in safe mode with network, services.exe started taking processor again. With normal mode it still uses 50% of processor.

Log is attached down there.

Attachments

• HJT.txt
    6 KB · Views: 5
Turn off system restore.

Let HJT fix the following.

O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll

O8 - Extra context menu item: Lataa FlashGetillä - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Lataa kaikki FlashGetillä - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Vie Microsoft E&xceliin - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.msn.fi
O14 - IERESET.INF: MS_START_PAGE_URL=http://www.msn.fi Only fix these two entries if they are not part of your pc manufacturer or your isp.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: nwprovau - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\nwprovau.dll

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

Once done reboot your system and post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :) :)

thanks for reply!

I did that, didn't help, though I couldn't get rid of this: O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

I have ATI video card but I guess that matters not? I tried to remove it but it just keeps coming back.

Shredder found nothing. Trend Micro Anti spyware found some trash I removed. Adaware found nothing. Spybot found DSO exploit which I find everytime I run spybot. I can't get rid of it. Services.exe is still as nasty as always. Is it my destiny to live with it? :D Thanks for help though, just tell if you have new ideas.

I am sending you a copy of msconfig. Unzip the file, and Put it in the c:\winnt\system32 folder.

The reason I am sending you this, is because unfortunately Windows 2000 doesn`t have msconfig as standard. The Windows xp msconfig will work just fine with your os.

Now click start run and type msconfig.

Look on the startup tab for services.exe and untick the checkbox to stop it running on startup. Reboot your pc, You should see a window saying that you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the box that says do not show or run msconfig blah blah.

Hopefully the services.exe should now be disabled.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards Howard :D

now I know you're not gonna like this but services.exe cannot be found from msconfig..

Thanks for help again though

thanks for the link. I meddled with every chance back and forth, even deleted some stuff with no results..

I'm open to new suggestions!

And yeah, it's not in msconfig service tab. I read somewhere that legit services.exe doesn't show up there?

Looking at your log, the only guilty 'parties' I can find are Flashget and Zonealarm.

Flashget (unless paid for) includes ad/spyware and could cause increased CPU-usage.
Completely uninstall it, delete the old directories, clean Registry from it.
Replace with the FREE version 1.44 of Stardownloader from www.stardownloader.com
No ads, no nags, no spyware, small and fast.

As for Zonealarm, disconnect the internet-cable, then switch Zonealarm off, and see how that goes. While doing this, stop the VSMON.EXE service as well.
Unless paid for, replace with the free Sygate firewall from http://soho.sygate.com
Easier on the CPU and at least as good as the free ZA.

yeah, thanks for reply. I'll be getting rid of FlashGet, it's free program I got. Zonealarm is paid, so I dunno. I once had VSMON.EXE going up to 50% of CPU too.. I'll get rid of FlashGet first and see how that goes. Thanks for assistance.

I got rid of Zonealarm too, I didn't delete it though, just made sure it doesn't load in startup. None of it's programs is open, CPU still up to 50% :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back