My HJT log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it, but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programme in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

SpywareBot
UltimateBet
Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

UltimateBet.exe
SpywareBot.exe
ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: ChangerBHO Class - {0D4C7057-EAD2-44C6-AD18-9092905F28F1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cliconfgb.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vcdplayx] "C:\WINDOWS\vcdplayx.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot

O9 - Extra button: UltimateBet - {94148DB5-B42D-4915-95DA-2CBB4F7095BF} - C:\Program Files\UltimateBet\UltimateBet.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: UltimateBet - {94148DB5-B42D-4915-95DA-2CBB4F7095BF} - C:\Program Files\UltimateBet\UltimateBet.exe

O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {012F24D4-35B0-11D0-BF2D-0000E8D0D146} (AtlCam Class) - http://webcams.flaquarium.org/sns100.ocx

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\SpywareBot<This is a rougue antispyware programme.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\Program Files\UltimateBet

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cliconfgb.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of fattyflubber only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have merged your new thread into this one.

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of fattyflubber only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

error messages

Thanks for your help yesterday, I appreciate it.

I've now gotten a bunch of error messages and several items won't work all based around a missing file.

My Norton's Utilities won't work, I can't view what's in my recycle bin by "double clicking"(i can right click and view), and I get several error messages on boot up.

CTSysVol.exe failed to start missing MFC42.dll
Sgtray.exe failed .... missing MFC42.dll
ue32.exe....... missing MFC42.dll

Norton's... same file missing

CTSysVol.exe is part of your creative sound software.

Sgtray.exe is part of your Veritas software.

ue32.exe is part of your Symantec/Norton crapware.

mfc42.dll is the module that contains the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) functions used by applications created in Microsoft Visual Studio. See HERE for Info and a possible fix.

For a possible solution to your recycle bin problems see HERE.

My own recommendation, would be to get rid of that resource hogging/bug ridden Symantec/Norton crapware.

The free AVG and either the free Zonealarm, or the free Kerio firewall programmes are much better than Norton and won`t slow your system down. Just Google for these.

Regards Howard :)

didn't work

Howard,

I figured it out.... found and downloaded the file and miracuosly placed it in the right folder (on the 2nd attempt).

Everything seems to working fine... thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back