my ics quit when i installed mcafee 2007 virus scan plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

triiifashions

i have a hand built desktop and a hp dv1000 laptop and i was running mcafee 2006 with no problem and then i installed 2007 and my ics quit working can any one help??

The first thing you should do is completely uninstall McAfee 2007. Then, either go back to using the 2006 version or better still, use one of the free antivirus and firewall programmes. See HERE for links.

Regards Howard :)

with the 2006 i wasnt able to download updates???

because my subscription ran out?

dont i need those?

thanks howard always a huge help!

I never thought of that lol.

Do yourself a favour and get rid of that resource hogging crap and use the free alternatives I linked to. Your system will run faster as a result.

but i do need both a firewall and an antivirus??

i have a three computer network two desk tops and a laptop

and i live in the middle of no where

i have no neighbors

i dont know if that matters

should i uninstall mcafee first then download or should i download then uninstall mcafee??

sorry for all the stupid questions

ty

No problem mate.

Download the programmes first, then disconnect from the net.

Uninstall McAfee and reboot your system. Make sure McAfee is completely uninstalled. Look in add remove programmes in your control panel.

Once done, install whichever firewall you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

k well i got those downloaded

i am getting a flurry of alerts from the firewALL

any way to sort through these easily?

and should i go for the free spyware??

also i dont see the updater on the avast anti virus??

thanks again

The free Kerio firewall is a trial version. Once the trial has ended the firewall will still work in basic mode.

If you read the Kerio instructions you`ll learn how to deal with the alerts it gives you.

As for Antispyware programmes, I recommend SS&D/Ad-Aware se personal/AVG Antispyware.

Follow the instructions in this thread for where to get them and how to run them etc.

In addition, I recommend the Ccleaner programme, also in the above link.

Finally, you should get the Spyware Blaster programme from HERE. Read the instructions on how to use it.

This thread is for the use of triiifashions only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

See HERE for info on automatic updates for Avast. It really does pay to read the instruction manual lol.

This thread is for the use of triiifashions only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You say your ics doesn`t work. What exactly is ics?

Edit: I assume ics is internet connection sharing? You need to read the instructions for the firewall to see how you enable ics.

actually it is zonealarm firewall and i found it doesnt support internet connection sharing

so i went with sygate firewall and avast virus and avg spyware all three running and all resources working

do i still need more????

surly not

well thanks for all your help

That`s good news.

I gave you a list of what you need in post#13 Obviously minus the antivirus/firewall/AVG Antispyware as you already have those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back